What's the best way to tell a girl I don't want to hang out because of someone else that will be there?

This girl has been trying to get me to hang out with her for a while. Now I finally have time, I've been super busy all the other times she's asked. I was planning on hanging out with her, but don't want to after she said this guy I can't stand would be there. What's the best way to put it to her lightly? Obviously I want to be straightforward about it, but I don't want her to tell him and create unnecessary drama/conflict.

Most Helpful Guy

• Questions:
    Do you like her?
    Would you hang out with her regardless?
    What has this guy done that has made you feel this way?

Suggestions:
    If you do like her suck it up dude. Learn to fake a smile and other things be a nice guy who wants no unnecessary trouble keep your opinions to yourself and enjoy it man like you're hanging out with her not the guy you don't like. Otherwise it'll be harder to do things with her in case she invites someone you don't like to a future hangout.

If you are more doing it for her and you don't really like her then inform her of the issue between yourself and the guy and say you don't want it ruining the hangout and you feel that both your presence and his will do exactly that and maybe you two can hangout together as a two not a group and you will let her know when you are next free or even get a free day within next 2 weeks.

Hope this helps :)

• I don't like her, she's just a friend, but I don't want to hurt her feelings. He's just a really negative and condescending person and I can't be around him without arguing with him.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Either suck it up and hang out with her even if the other guy is going to be there, or just politely tell her "Thanks for the invite, I was hoping to maybe spend some time with just you though. Maybe we could get together another time and do something together?"

For what it's worth, I've been in that situation where I wanted to hang out with just the girl and then I found out these other guys were going to be there too. I showed up, the other guys never did. I ended up dating the girl for a while and I don't think I've seen those guys since. Lol!