Does your cat/dog or any other pet end up following you to the bathroom?

I can NOT go pee without my cat following me in the bathroom and either meowing till I pet her or she jumps on my lap. If I shut the door she scratches at it and meows till she's let it.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had cats all 33 years of my life... This has always been the issue. Every single cat i have ever had has done that. it has to do with a cat not wanting to be shut out of anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. My cat loves joining me for the toilet, and to have a bath. Usually if I'm on the loo for more than a wee I have to pick him up and give him cuddles

What Guys Said 13

• Yeah when I used to go to the bathroom my old cats arm wound be sticking through the bottom of the door trying to paw it open to come in.

• My cat does that as well. My girlfriend and I have to shower with the door open otherwise the cat goes crazy and if either of us goes to the toilet she goes crazy as well. Although i dont often open the door. I don't want my partner to see me on the toilet haha

• Yep cat follows me everywhere in the house and the chickens follow me outside

• I had a cat that wanted to shower with me., would meow outside the door with the water running lol. It also tried to run under streams of water like garden hoses.

• I just got a puppy not long ago
    Unless he's alone for a little while he's good
    I mean he will try to follow me, but once I claps the door he really won't whine

• My cat as well lol it gets super exited when it sees me walk into the house when I get back from school

• yes, all 3 we had... but some were more intrusive than others lol

• Yes one of them does.
    One of them likes to hop uo in the toliets rim while I pee

• Imagine what your cat will do when you leave home o. o

• Not my cats, or my dog or even my rabbit.

• Those animals are so considerate awwww

• no, i have invisible fence & its at 8 so he gets a nice jolt if he try's to follow me

• yes all 4 my dogs do it often.

What Girls Said 10

• Bingo (my dog) always follows me everywhere. To the bathroom where I having a shower or use the toilet to my room upstairs and back downstairs again. He just wouldn't leave me by myself. His literally sleeping next to my legs lol I love him though. He gives me great company and his very loyal which I love

• Yeah He'll usually child with me in the bathroom, I don't mind :)

Assume you meant chill?

Yeah, our dogs just park right there in front of me lol.

__

When one of us is in the shower, they have a "ritual", too -- one will come in, glance bemusedly into the shower, then walk out. And then the other one does exactly the same thing.
      NEVER at the same time... lmao

It's even weirder because they both very much vehemently dislike bath time. It's as though they forget what the shower is all about, hahah.

• Lol my dog does the same thing and then he likes sitting next to me... he's lucky he's adorable or else it would be creepy😊.

• my cats follow me everywhere too. Like a glue

• My dog will follow me into the bathroom at times. She doesn't make a big deal of it.

• My cat literally hates everyone and everything lol, she runs away when she sees us.
    My dog does this though, it's a little awkward but really cute :)

• No but she will start meowing and freak out like she can't find me. :(

• Me = no pets.

• I don't have a cat nor a dog :(

• yes all the time.