My crush called me his best friend, and I'm confused with all of his signals. What should I do?

About four months ago, I confessed my feelings to him, so he knows about it already. About two months ago, he began messaging me more (we never really talked through direct messages before that), and it seemed as if he had genuine interest in me. Lately, however, I've felt as if he doesn't have any interest in me (my friends think he does, so maybe that's just my insecurities talking) because it seems as if I've been the one reaching out to him more than he does to me, and today he called me his best friend. Am I reading too much into this? Or should I just go with my gut and move on from this crush that I have on him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have this problem also with my female freind that I'm trying to ask out. I have been complimenting her and lightly flirting with her. I have not told her that I actually like her. When I posted a flattering thing on social media she said thanks____ your such a good freind. I'm guessing that she has not gotten the hint that I like her more than a freind? So I'm going to tell her next time I see her.
    For yours it sounds like he might like you back but he is not ready to risk the freindship in order to pursue you. My suggestion is to treat him like a freind don't give him any more attention than you would to a normal guy freind.
    In what context did he call you his best freind? Was he complimenting you, comparing you, teasing you... Honestly it might be nothing. It could just be what came to his mind while he was saying it. Because after all your not anything more than freinds and you are his best one that he likes hanging out with.

If you want to chat about him more. Message me. It is really hard to tell if someone likes another just by a quick description of events and I would like to ask your perspective on the girl that I'm getting mixed/no signals from.

That makes sense. Thank you for all the help; I will message you as soon as I can.

I guess his mixed signals have been wearing me down lately and have been making me question whether or not I should continue trying pursuing things further with him. It makes sense, though, that he's too scared to lose what we have. The thing is that we met online and haven't actually met up in person yet, so our online interactions have been super confusing.

Thank you for your perspective on initiating conversations, too, by the way. I really appreciate it :)

Your welcome asker.

What Guys Said 4

• I think he sees you only as a friend.

• Friend zoned!

• best friends have a high possibility of changing their friendship into a relationship

• FRIENDZONED ! GG.

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like he pretty much sees you as a friend. He likes your company but he does not see you as anything but a great friend. He had his chance to make his move 2 months ago to now, but did not. Though he stayed in your life, he never initiated anything else so yeah.

He's flirted with me even though he's really shy, and he sent me a few love songs before. He had said that he would love to take me to certain restaurants and stuff when we meet up. He's reached out to me whenever I was having a bad day, too. That's why this whole best friend thing made me so confused about his signals, but maybe I should just stop over-analyzing everything now :/

I think it's best to talk to him and ask him? That way you're not left guessing and it's a bit clear what he wants

• You're friend zoned. Sorry. Move on.