Do you think boys suffer more at the hands of an alcoholic father than girls?

I'm just wondering what your thoughts are.

• Yes.
    0% (0)27% (3)15% (3)Vote
  • No.
    78% (7)36% (4)55% (11)Vote
  • Possibly.
    22% (2)37% (4)30% (6)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted C. I've an alcoholic father. And I've been beaten bruised and bloody since I was six. Sure I've a few scars. I've a sister who's five years younger than I am, and I've never seen him lay a hand on her. Which is a relief since I would take the brunt of force whenever he'd get violent. And he probably was aware that she's a girl and had enough control to acknowledge she was weaker.
    My mother tho, different story, she's suffered a lot of abuse. Probably more than I have. It eventually reduced as I grew up and as he grew old. Someone on here once said suffering is not a contest. But if it were I'd say a dedicated housewife would be the one. But definitely, if you're a guy and you're older, you'll definitely get the pull of it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Alcohol changes people beyond reason. I think they're is a great chance they suffer equally.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• No. I think if they are young children, then they could well suffer equally. An older teenage boy might be able to stand up to his father better than a similar aged girl. (No disrespect to ladies!)

0|0
    0|0
  • Speaking from experience, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly? That desire is still handed down to you.
    I know my Dad probably drank a lot as a kid. One day he decided enough is enough. The exact same thing happened with me.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know, I haven't had an alcoholic father. The whole family would be hurt by it, I think.

0|0
    0|0