What's worse in video games water levels or ice levels?

In water levels everything slows down and they often stick crazy puzzles or spikes everywhere and can be a drag to get through in general

And in ice levels you have to deal with crazy ice physics making you land in places you didn't intend to. They also tend to put hem with spikes and other dangerous platforming parts to make you nightmares come true.

• Water levels are worse🏊🏻🚣🏻
  • Ice levels are worse🏂⛸

Most Helpful Girl

• They both suck, but but often water levels have very relaxing music.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Ice levels.

• Ice levels because they are slippery :P

• Ice is awful because you end up slipping off of everything!

• Ice levels.

• Probably water. It took me forever to beat that stupid water temple.

• Ice levels can go diiiiiiieeeeee.

• Water levels

What Guys Said 19

• Water based levels are tactical. You gotta swim, sprint, hide underwater, find something in the deep dark sea, it slows you down, difficult to find directions in the sea (unless you use radar/map, if available), new creatures ready to ingest you and the best thing, the fear of drowning. The way you have to manage your breath, get up, breath again, go down and continue with the factors I mentioned above is a whole new and challenging experience. You find cool collectibles too.

Ice levels are annoying. You can't walk properly and taking a good jump is a strenuous task and the most irritating thing, spikes and pit. When you stop, you slide a bit. The pit and spikes are set up to take the complete advantage of the slippery surface. One more unfair thing is that the CPU walks flawlessly (unlike water where most of the time, creatures swim like you, at the same rate). I have not encountered this thing, but if a game has fragile surface too, it'd be a nightmare.

[Voted B]

• I think water levels since the mechanics change a lot more usually than just slipping around on the ice. I also find them kind of boring in platformers if we're talking about games like Super Mario Bros.

• Ice. The enemies invariably aren't affected by the ice.

The only ice level I liked was the one in Valis III.

• The issue with water levels is that they force you to rush things regardless of your playstyle. You can still take it slow in ice levels.

• If it's a First Person game with water like in Fallout 3 there is a part where I was in the water a lot and my character nearly drowned. I hated it because I have a fear of drowning.
    Other games' water levels are fine, like in Mario and DK, etc. I wasn't as immersed there and it's more fake, so I'm fine.

• Water levels, hands down. Like one time, I can't use full mobility, since I'm stuck in a boat the whole time in that level.

• Sonic 2, Chemical Plant Zone 1 & 2. Pure. Unadulterated. Rage.

Water takes the cake. You can slip and slide on ice, but you can't drown in it.

• I gotta go with ice on this one..

• Ice levels with that slippery ass ice, ruining the timing of my jumps and attacks! :-/

• Eh in modern games it's generally just water, ice is basically just terrain for me, so water.

• Ice they suck

• Ice levels are wrose, always run the risk of sliding of a cliff.

• water levels are more worse

• I go with water... i have worse memories from zelda and sonic...

• Ice levels, As there are a handful of really fun water levels

• Yea water levels can be annoying

• I don't play video games, but probably ice is worse. You have no control.

• Holy shit I thought I was the only one