Should my dad have taken my game?

So yesterday I bought "dragon age inquisition" for my xbox one, was really enjoying it too. When I got off and left, my dad came and took it. He was mad that it was rated "M" and said there was language and nudity. And he took the CD without the case. I have the case, but he took the game. I'm 18, I bought it with my own money, I bought my xbox with my own money, I don't think he has the right to take it, right? Can someone tell what they think? I think it's ridiculous. Wherever he took my game, it's getting ruined without its case... *sigh

3mo Update: He's making me sell it. :/ bummed out.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's really silly to me. Does he force you to avoid rated R movies as well?

In general it's hard to say who has the right. Parents will say, "My house, my rules."

In spite of it, it's pretty silly to me to take DA: Origins from an 18-year old daughter who purchased it with her own money. The game has some sexuality and adult content but nothing worse than an R-rated film.

Maybe you could try to persuade him that the game isn't like some porno game and actually relatively tame.

Perhaps simultaneously, you might seek to move out and live on your own, get a small and modest apartment where you can have all the freedom you want to play whatever you want, watch whatever you want, invite people over, etc.

I watch rated R movies all the time, so does he.

Trust me, I'm trying to move out ASAP. It's hard when certain family members continuously borrow money from you. But I'm working on it along with getting my license despite nobody wanting to teach me. Lol tmi, hm?

But thank you! Glad to know I'm not the only one to think of how ridiculous this is.

Some people don't realize how these games really aren't so bad. They're sensationalized a lot more by the media, maybe due to their interactivity, when their content really isn't much worse than a lot of films or books aimed at people your age.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, you are right he doesn't have the right to take the game, your game that you bought out of your money. His behavior was totally nonsensical.

• Steal something of his like a watch or his wallet, take the money or sell the watch and buy the game again. If he asks you how you got the game just tell him.

• You should've gotten a ps4 dude. You can get dragon age inquisition goty edition on psn there for 15 bucks. He can't take digital games from you. Since you're 18, that dude has no right to take it from you. He sounds like a weird boring ass douche. Just buy your games digital next time :P

• It's an absolute no-go. You are old enough and you bought it with your own money. Not to mention that he potentially destroys your money-investment.

You should confront him about it and stand your ground.

• you are 18 you can play those games. your dad has no right to take your game

• he should have took your cell phone too while he was at it. how dare you question his authoritahhhhh

• It's his house and his rules.

• I think its rodiculous and slightly odd

• No he had no right, you're 18, therefore you're an adult.

• He doesn't have the right to take it away but he has the right to kick you out of the house.

What Girls Said 3

• Being you are 18 here, dear, I Feel it is not Fair... He has the right to take it.
    However, you are Apparently still living under his Rough Roof and his Battle with you will Be: "You are still Living under my Roof and until you Leave home, I have the last say."
    My parents did it to me with this Not so Golden Rule of Thumb so one Day... I hit the Road and Became my own Straw Boss.
    Good luck and Try and Talk to Mad Dad like Two adults. xx

• If you don't like it... move out. You are 18. Although I wouldn't have done that.

• I think at 18 you shouldn't be playing video games but that's none of my business...