Why can't tinder be used to find serious relationships?

It is to my understanding that it is used for hookups by many people, but why can't it be used to find love? After all, it is marketed as a dating app.

Most Helpful Guy

• Woooowww this question attracted quite a few trolls who have been hurt by Tinder, or something else... lol...

I know people who have used it to find serious relationships, just like other methods it takes time to find someone else looking for a serious relationship as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• If One is Lucky on any Dating Site, it can lead to A... Serious Relationship.
    However, with Tinder, it has Always had this Reputation of 'Hookups,' so the Ones who are just Looking, are the Ones who are into Just... Hooking. Not much else, unless it is in the Cards.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

But ever girl on that app says there not there to hookup tho lol

@cchris989 okay, hun, thanks. xx

Thank you for the Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 18

• The premise is superficial.

You are selecting based on criteria that doesn't determine chemistry, and swiping left knowing that you have virtually a limitless supply of potential dates.

Nothing about Tinder serves as a foundation for lasting, meaningful relationships. It can happen by chance, that's it.

Approaching anyone anywhere is based on appearance. Like I've said, it's no different that approaching a girl at the park you know absolutely nothing about, because she's hot.

@HotDogg

The QA laughed, therefore everything you said is legit.

Agree.

• "It is to my understanding"

Tinder can be used to find anything you want. Plenty of people have found love using it.

• It CAN be. But since it was originally used as a hook up app it still has that stigma. Just put on your profile that you're looking for a relationship, not a hook up.

• The people that say those things are usually ignorant people that either don't use it, or don't understand it. I have used Tinder and POF for dating. Both work ok. I have never met anyone that used it as a "hookup app". No woman has every matched with me and immediately texted me to come over for sex.

• Because when the majority of people there are looking for hookups, you will have a harder time finding someone who wants long-term relationship/love.

This is like you going into a children-store looking for adult magazines. You try to search in a place that is unsuitable for what you are looking.

• It can. It's just a matter of finding the correct person. I've found three girls there who would have preferred something serious instead of casual. But it didn't work out anyway so what does it matter lol

• because its the lack of moral in people and society. I went on tinder too just to check it out because I felt that I was ready to commit to a serious relationship but I just saw I was at the wrong place after seeing some girls on there.

If you are looking for true love believe me you are not gonna find it its gonna find you... and its gonna find you at a very rare moment. Just lift your head up and interact with people outside. Who know maybe one day you will run into someone that meets your qualities.

• Searching for a relationship on Tindr is like searching for proper food in a trash bin.
    You can find it, but you are going to have to look through a lot of shit first. And, you still found it in a trash bin.

• "OMG Why can't I find men who want a serious relationship on a app that advertises fast sex..."

• It is marketed as a dating app.

"No one's bitching. You're the one who's bitching about the fact that I even asked this question XD."

Lmao you're projecting sweetie and the fact that you used a smile face only reinforces that point.

"As I stated in my question very clearly, I acknowledge that it is used for sex. "

yet you're still complaining that a man doesn't want a serious relationship on it...

"However, the question pertains to the users as to why they opt to use it for serious relationships and leave it for hookups."
      Because it's a known hook up app.

You clearly don't know how to read or what "smiley faces" imply do you? I was mocking you lmao.

"yet you're still complaining that a man doesn't want a serious relationship on it..."---Where in my question am I complaining about it? Please point it out. I'll wait lmao.

• Lmao hell no, I only use it for banging

• It can be my buddy just married a girl he met tinder

• Because tinder is based on by the looks of pictures, more then anything else. 2D physical attraction only, not a foundation of a serious relationships.

Again, in the real world, you would also approach a stranger based on looks alone without knowing anything about him/her. It's no different.

People are approached based on their physical appearance, when you do not know them. What else could motivate your initially.
      The point is, the real world have a lot more to offer than pure look, tinder do not.

You just contradicted yourself. In the real world when you approach a girl in the parking lot of a shopping center, you don't know anything about her. It's no different on tinder.

• Dating is basically hooking up. And an app where you swipe based on appearance, should be an obvious indicator it's meant for hook ups

• Approaching someone in real life is also based on appearance. It's no different than walking up to a girl at the park because you think she's hot.

• "you're obviously very sexually fustrated. I'll leave you to your business"---Nobody is talking about sex here.

• You are definitely an 80 IQ moron who doesn't even know how to answer a simple question. Fuck off idiot.

• it can be. but its the only free one basically so it has a lot more casual clientel.

• You're looking for love in all the wrong places.

• I don't think you understood the question.

• @HulkkSmash You make no sense at all and don't even know what to say.

• @HulkkSmash Stand down keyboard commando! Stand down!

• because it's a shit platform

• Cause reality is serious. Internet is internet

• Because it's only based on photos.
    It's the antithesis of superficiality.

• In real life, you are also deciding whether or not to approach someone based on physical appearances.

What Girls Said 11

• It can be used for that, you just have to wade through a lot of other people to find the relationship-seeking ones.

• Most users aren't looking for relationships. They are looking for easy sex.

• First started out as a dating site actually. The last decent dating site left is Christian mingle srs

• It can be. I know plenty of girls who found boyfriends on tinder, actually. And in a way it is kind of a better way to date because it's fairly easy to sort through the dudes that just wanna hook up, they'll ask you to come over or get drinks, and guys who want to date will take you on dates without physical contact too soon.

• I imagine it can but tender has always been presented with the implication that is for hookups. The vast majority of people go wanted for hookups. It is not considered a general dating at

• It can. Just specify what you are looking for in your profile

• It can :) you just need to ask people the right questions and search deeper.

• It can be. A few of my friends met their longterm partners on a dating app. Just be prepared to also come across a lot of people you wouldn't necessarily speak to in real life.

• It can be my cousin Jeb bush met his wife Colomba bush on there and they're a great couple.

• It can but really its just an easy way for people to find casual sex if they want it.
    I know thats all I use it for. I think as long as you tell people what you are looking for early on and dont muck around too much you can use it anyway you want

• I actually found my boyfriend on tinder. He did tell me at the beginning that he was looking for a hookup but I refused. Now two years later were very happy. It depends on the people. I was on tinder looking for a realtionship, I have friends that are only on it for casual hookups. You just have to pass all the creeps first.