Do you believe in astrology?

• Yes
  • No
  • Not sure

Most Helpful Girl

• To an extent. Only because I can’t deny that the description precisely fits my most hidden, inner self. I can’t exactly be in disbelief when astrological descriptions detail my personality and my relations with others as well as the personalities of loved ones.

Most Helpful Guy

• The positions of the sun, moon, and planets influencing our personality and personal interactions? No.

However, I do believe in astrology's power to make people believe things about themselves and others, and to make illogical decisions even against their own best interests. Like a religion, astrology can significantly influence the lives of those who believe in it, even though the forces they believe in may not be real.

What Girls Said 7

• Nope, but it's fun to get to know people of a certain sign and see how well they match it.

• Nope, I don't check those stuff anymore

• no it's a bunch of nonsensical shit fuck

• Yes but never entirely.

• To an extent

• yes i do.

• Yes.

What Guys Said 10

• I view astrology as vague statements told to people that have no merit. Astrology / Zodiac signs / Fortune telling and the like have no merit and should not be automatically believed, applied, or let to influence life.

Psychologically speaking, it's all the Barnum (or Forer) effect. Essentially, it plays upon the Fallacy of Personal Validation. It is the tendency to believe certain info (i. e. Horoscopes) is true, even if it is so vague as to be worthless.
    http://youtu.be/4NNjseYUnNM
    I've posted this before on similar questions, but I'll post it again. Here is a video that shows the Barnum effect in action:
    http://youtu.be/haP7Ys9ocTk

So basically, I could give this micro.lonegunman.co.uk/.../derren-browns-forer-experiment-text to many people and they would apply it to theirselves and say it is accurate. But if it is so seemingly specific, it can't be true, right? It's not like everyone is the same.

But are all the things lies? Not necessarily, but much of it is about as worthwhile as me telling a person that "You have skin, and are a human." It is so vague it's meaningless.
    However, fortune tellers and writers of astrology have gotten really great at making vague things seem specific. Any truly specific things are guesses played upon trends of people or tells that a person gives. It isn't coming from a higher force/power in any sense of the word.

Even worse, cold readers and fortune tellers and the mystical readers have abused this psychological phenomenon for financial gain. It's tricking people, and it's morally wrong in my opinion. So yeah-- I don't like Astrology or any of its brethren and I believe it's a piece of crap from
    the bull.

TL;DR; Voted B. It's all the Barnum effect and basically vague worthless statements.

• No, the arbitrary position of stars on a two-dimensional place (when in reality they're three dimensional) having an impact on a person's life sounds stupid. Even if there are common traits among tauri or taurus or whateverthefuck they are called, it is more related to the seasons they were carried in (what the mother ate, how cold was she etc) and the season they were born in (again, food, temperature, amount of sunlight etc)

• Yes, I do believe in astrology.

• Astrology is utter garbage.

• Nope.

• No, I do t believe in it. It might be fun to check sometimes, but it's all made up.

• nope.

• NO..

• ofcourse not. dude its 2016

• meh.