Do you believe in God?

it's just a simple question, but just don't lie to yourself and others, you know what i mean, i have some friends who say that they don't believe in God but they swear to God and whenever something bad is going to happen they call God to help them :D

3mo the God i believe in is way different from the God i used to believe when i was a kid, in my opinion he doesn't have kids, he doesn't have a wife, he doesn't live on the clouds (like i believed when i was 7 years old), he doesn't change what he wrote to happen in this world (everything was wrote before), all good things are from him and all bad things are not from him, he is something that connects us together... it's hard to explain, we can't see him but we can see him in ourselves, when i say

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I do believe in God. Too many vast historical, political, archeological, societal, and personal coincidences that appear to have formed into a link of truth. Truth in which the bible predicted. Constant connections and instances of happenstance are usually glimpses of real, true experiences that we weren’t there to see, hear, and witness for ourselves.

you just cheat on yourself , jesus was not mentioned in secular records. Moreover according to the old testament jesus can be only a fake messiah. Study a bit what you believe. "oH yeahhh god exists praise god ohh yeah jesus blood oh yeaah" thats nothing.

Thank you, Ahmed

Most Helpful Guy

• Which one? Here, pick your choice:

http://i.imgur.com/i4rSGOo.jpg

(click twice on it; that list is almost certainly incomplete because it relates only to gods whose believers could write. A minority thus.)

I feel like this is your default response lol

One day in schools we will read about Abrahamic mythology the same way we do about Greek mythology.

@QuestionMan of course. :)

What Girls Said 28

• Yes I think I do.

I admit I lose faith now and again but it usually comes back just that little bit stronger each time.

• Yes, I certainly do, @Ahmed_Sy15 x He is my Father and Family since I was born.
    However, I never Point fingers at others' Beliefs. I once had Married a Muslim Man out in Egypt and although he had his own "Beliefs," this is Not why we are now Estranged.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I don't. Particularly due to the lack of evidence surrounding the existence of deities/deity. The swearing to God thing is more of a linguistic issue that is attached to the culture than actually believing that they're literally swearing to God, I'd imagine.

I mean if there's was concrete evidence don't you think everyone would believe by now?

• I don't believe in God, but I believe there is some kind of energy or something that is connecting us.

• No. I don't believe in God.

When I say things like "Oh my God" or something alike, it's only used as an expression.

• NOPITY NOPEEEEEE

• I don't but I do still say "i swear to God" because it's just a saying, not literal.

• Yes I do.

• No I don't.

• Yeeep ^^ my Dad ^^ aaawesome guy by the way!

• Yea I believe in Jesus
    I mean he helped me so much right when I prayed to Him

• working on it.

• Nope. I even believe in dragons more than I do in God.

• I do

• Nope.

• Yes I do.

• I believe in God but when I see poor people who die of hunger, innocent girls raped, murder for no fault, exploitation and injustice spreading everywhere, my belief shatters a bit. Tho it is man-mad-system's failure, nevertheless most of the culprits go unpunished.

It's not God's fault, its humans' fault.

:) ok good luck

Thanks.

• Define your vision of "God" first and then I will be able to tell if I believe in your God or not.

Well, the God i believe in is way different from the God i used to believe when i was a kid, in my opinion he doesn't have kids, he doesn't have a wife, he doesn't live on the clouds (like i believed when i was 7 years old), he doesn't change what he wrote to happen in this world (everything was wrote before), all good things are from him and all bad things are not from him, he is something that connects us together... it's hard to explain, we can't see him but we can see him in ourselves, when i say God is kind i mean people are kind, we can see his kindness in humans and other living things, i think you understand what i mean, in other words we (humans) are his appearance of kindness and
      Generousness.

Nice definition. I think everybody would like to have such a "God". Personally, I don't need a separate creature for that, but I think every human should have it in him. But maybe that is the same in your point of view :-)

• I can't deny the existence of a God since I am not all-knowing, but I would not follow a such God and I personally doubt that there even is one.

• I strongly believe in God.

• Stupid question that pops up every single week.

• Yes.

• Yes, 100%

• yes i do

• Yes I do

• Yes, I do. 😊

• Yes.

• I do

What Guys Said 31

• No I don't believe n God. And the only reasons I say omg or I swear to god is because those sentences simply got stuck in my vocabulary.

• Yes, I do believe in God.

• I do believe in God.

• I mean, I'm an atheist. But I say "I swear to God" this and that. Doesn't necessarily mean I got some Christian in me. Just means I just like that saying. And so no. I don't believe in God.

So... do you call him when you get into trouble?

Even physicists refer to the structure and unknown particles and energy forms of the universe as "information" or being "governed" by "information." Information implies an informer. Governance implies a governor. The book of Romans speaks of this, however indirectly. Probability of the specifically-needed order of the universe happening by chance is ludicrous beyond words.

It's why faith is about belief in statements and knowledge, not fleeting feelings. Jeremiah 17 warns that feelings can and will betray you. Even I don't always "feel" a connection with God, or with much of anything/anyone. We're both fallen creatures, after all. Our genealogy alone condemns us, let alone fleeting bad thoughts, let alone words or actions. And without that saving grace, we're cursed to a meaningless existence here, and meaningless misery hereafter. It's that meaninglessness you sense, which Solomon warned of in Ecclesiastes. You want to cash in. But to what end?

@ObscuredBeyond Know what? That's very intellectual and would be very true. To a Christian. What you said has nothing to do with God being real or why I should believe in him. I went to church I did the deed. But with its blind views, I walked away from it. No one pushed me away from Christianity. Christianity pushed me away from Christianity. I don't go around telling people that their God is fake and try and change their mind. I respect their beliefs and leave it at that? Why can't you do the same?

• I don't believe. I can't remember ever praying even when my sister almost died in a car accident or when my mom had breast cancer. It's an incorrect notion that all nonbelievers cry out in faith in desperate times. Instead of praying I did other things like drive my mom to her radiation treatments and was a shoulder to cry on when she needed it. She's cancer free now.

I say things like oh my god and swear to god because a lot of people around me say those things. I invoke no religious belief or feelings when I say those things. We all pick up speech patterns of those we are surrounded by.

• Nope I do not believe in God. Swearing to god is just a common phrase in modern language

do you call him to help when you get into trouble?

Nope. I just start sayin: "Fuck fuck fuck shit shit shit" in my head lol has the same effect to me as far as I've observed, might work for you, who knows

lolz :D

• I do believe in him and I do call for help :)

• God. Which one?
    My gods are Odin and the Germanic pantheon.
    I do not want anything to do with the god of the Christians or Jews, or the god of the Muslims.
    Those gods have nothing to do with my race, other than that the god of the
    Christians was imposed upon my ancestors as the point of a sword.
    We have seen the love of Jebus demonstrated in the actions of those who claim to be his followers and we want no part of it.

• There's only one god and his name is death. And what do we say to the god of death? Not today.

• Nah, I can make decisions on my own.

• Growing up being able to come to my own conclusion without much pressure from family members the only logical conclusion was no, I don't believe in God. (Or any of the other religions equally as ridiculous figures)

• nah i don't. i am too smart to believe.

• Yes I do

• I don't believe in god, even I can understand that if you don't have anything to believe in you feel alone. Like the khala in starcraft 2.

I think I have my own sense of how I want things to be and I don't need to be guided nor to believe in something above me to keep me going

• Of course I do 😊

• Who is that?

• no, God doesn't exist.

• No I do not

• nope

• Yes I do

• No I do not

• I know there's a god

• I do believe in God. But I do get mad at him from time to time.

• god no.

• As of now, no I dont

• Yes I do.

• The better question is do you believe in 40 virgins in exchange for killing white babies?

• If there IS a god, then he gave me a small penis, so I hate him.

• Does it even matter if anyone believed or not believed in God or any Gods?

Even if there was a god, what makes you think it or he ever really cares about what happens to this decaying world anymore?

What makes you think he or it would ever care about any of us anymore?

Where was there ever any proof that even if he or it did exist that he or it would ever be obligated to care about whom and what he had created?

What makes you think that we as a species may not just be entirely just mistakes, expendable, and completely failed experiments? Failed experiments that he or it had chose to long abandon?

I think even if there ever was a god, then he'd be pretty fucking disappointed at how humanity had turned out the way it is now and would have had long left and abandoned us to our own miseries.

After all humans pick and choose their own miseries with the actions that they choose to commit. Humans choose to fight and destroy and kill each other as well as destroying the ecosystem. Humans constantly lying and manipulating, and betraying each other, becoming greedy and corrupt, consumed with lust for power.

If it makes you comfy because you fear death and that you really want and wish that there is a "better" afterlife then you will choose to believe in such.

• YES I do

• More from Guys
    1