Do you agree that people tell the truth when they are drunk?

Ever caught yourself saying or doing too much and ever regretting it? Do you mean to say or do the things you have said/ done?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't think we can say all people behave a certain way when ____________

some may lie more, some may be more honest, some may be the same

Most Helpful Girl

• I think drunk and mad people tell the truth usually. Kinda like how there is usually some truth behind "just kidding".

What Guys Said 19

• Liars who are drunk, still lie

• In vino veritas
    Latin: In wine the truth.

• When they're so drunk they forget to lie, probably yes!
    However, in the earlier stages they start to say foolish things and may not even be aware they're telling lies :-(
    And finally, there's the category who have to lie about the foolish things they did when drunk :o 8)

• If that's the case, awesome. My hot coworker said and did some flattering things during our business trip to Vegas.

• Part of the truth.

• No regrets, throwing toilet paper at a douchebag bouncer was the best thing I did all night!

On a positive note I stopped a potential fight when drunk once. No way I would have done that sober.

• sometimes i tell more of the truth than i actually wanted to admit and sometimes i straight up exaggerate the shit out of everything and it´s not at all the truth.

• No people say the first thing that pops into their head. Sometimes it's the truth, sometimes it's nonsense.

• Well then I must be drunk... ALL THE TIME lol :v
    But yes... the tongue is loosened when good ole Jack Daniels or Mr. Al Cohol is around. XD

• Sometimes the facts provided aren't completely accurate, but there's typically some underlying truth that may require further investigation. Don't always take it at face value.

• Nothing usually holding you back from doing anything when you're drunk

• Not always, but they are more likely to speak unfiltered due to the intoxication.

• They can still lie. Just becomes harder to do so when you're shit faced.

• It really depends on the person. I have a friend who has absolutely no filter when he's drunk, but I personally am even more cautious about what I'm saying than normal. I imagine it has something to do with how your subconscious tries to protect you.

• No, because the mind isn't clear.

• yes, they do.

• Sometimes

• Sometimes more, sometimes less.
    Some tend to lie when being drunk because they aren't able to hide things they want to hide while being drunk otherwise.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, this usually happens with more passive and/or passive aggressive people or just people who struggle to be honest and upfront without alcohol.

I'm a very honest person and I'm always telling the truth with alcohol so that's never an issue for me. When I get alcohol, I always just become extremely goofy and really sweet... like angel like... which is hilarious because I'm not angel like in my every day life.

• My uncle was so drunk he call me and my sister a bitch and I am mentally retarded and I can't do anything in life. But his stupid somber ass can't even remember he said that. I do believe its the truth because why say it if you don't think? ever since then I always now treat him like shit but he in rehab for alcohol.

• Sometimes, not all the time.

• I think that a lot of the time the truth comes out when drunk but drunk people tend to over exaggerate a lot and sometimes even lie. If someone is blantantly pissed, I'd take what they say with a pinch of salt. But after a couple of drinks, people do tend to be more sociable and open up.

• No, people are more like themselves when they are drunk. I believe there is a difference.

• Yes I've tried to get someone drunk just to make him say the truth and yea I did it lol

• That's not truth at all in my experience