Is a guy desperate for sex similar as a woman desperate for kids and marriage?

If you come to think about it, they both seem similar. The guy (let's call him Joe) must have a difficult time interacting with a woman for him to never turn a date into a relationship and have sex. Joe might also be giving bad vibes of desperation.

In the female version, Martha has a hard time reading cues of men that aren't into marriage and kids or like her male counterpart, she might give bad vibes of desperation too.

It seems to be producing the same results. Both end up feeling like failures. Joe can't form intimate relationships at some point and Martha can't find a suitable partner interested in marriage and kids after a certain age (30+ years old for instance).

Come to think about it, if those Joe and Marha reunite (the forever lonely male and the woman unable to get a man to propose to her), due to their desperation and flaws, along with thinking they won't find anyone better... they might give each other what the other have been looking for. They both have something in common; they don't want to be alone in the end and think something is better than nothing.

3mo So Joe will go along with it and propose and Martha (seeing that her time is running out and she has been having bad luck forever) will accept it.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are definitely some similarities.

Women are generally the gatekeepers of sex, and most men want sex very badly (not that they're all "desperate" for it per se, but they nearly all want it).

Men are generally the gatekeepers of relationships/commitments, and most women want those things very badly.

So, yes, there is definitely some symmetry there. Obviously the smaller details are quite different, but from a big picture view, they have a lot in common.

What Guys Said 9

• they seem similar only in the sense that they are desperate but that is where the similarities end to me.

True but if you think about, in the 40 year-old virgin movie neither the guy nor the woman he eventually married have too many great qualities. The man has been alone for decades (for some reason failing develop deep intimacy with his previous ex gfs) and the woman has a teenaged daughter and is a single mother that pretty much had her own issues as well.

right but that is only one example. some women in their 20s are desperate to have a child. it's not because they lack social skills or are unattractive they are just biologically desiring a child

• Not really close. Guy desperate for sex is just looking for instant gratification and isn't necessary looking for a connection beyond his penis entering a vagina. A women wanting marriage and kids desperately is looking for love, lifelong commitment and will foolishly want to move too fast in a relationship which could make some men uncomfortable. Her situation is about status and wanting to become something (a mother and wife) the guy Joe just wants to get his dick wet, not get married and have children. Joe and Martha meeting would be a bad idea. Joe would just fuck Martha and not want kids or marriage.

yeah but what if he doesn't want a hooker and wanted to go through the normal process of going out on a date and transform it into a sexual relationship

I know someone in the family like that. He doesn't want to pay a hooker. He wants to have sex in the normal way of getting a date to become his girlfriend and having sex.

• no im not why bc i think guys should wait fir the right girl dont just put ur body out there bc u think at that time she or he is the right one people are so young and think its ok to have sex but people dont understand that just by having you think ur cool and then go tell your friends no wait and see if u found the right one or if u are in a relationship and u been dating for a really long time and i mean really long time then both of you stalk about if before you just jup right into it be smart and stay safe

• desperate for sex, some are. More than woman i believe but...
    personally, i would want to have both kids and sex when the time is right. (financially stable, and mentally prepared for it)

• Really bad idea.
    It's called dating for a reason - to get to know someone, and be able to discern if there's a match or not. No need to be desperate.

First make something of yourself - be awesome. Focus on your own success. Then maybe you'll be in a position to want to share your life with someone else. Pulling someone into your life is not what will make you happy - you have to be able to do that for yourself first. THEN you might be in a place to share with someone else.

• No, marriage takes much more resources and much more effort and a social construct.

• No, since I'm a man and I too am desperate for children and a marriage. But I'm not going to get it, since I'm an Asian man who prefers white women and most white women don't prefer Asian men.

• a lot guy loves sex , but i dont think a lot women want children "nowadays"

• Yeah, i guess you could say that

What Girls Said 4

• Oh I think so if there a hole big enough in a basketball to fit his dick in I wouldn't be surprise..

• In my case, not similarities at all. I don't know why but for some reason I have always attracted guys who wanted commitment. And I'm the one that I don't want to be so much close.
    Why would a woman want marriage and children if it's totally against her interest? In marriage the woman has to do his housework, spend time with his boring family and be nice, get pregnant and take care of the kids. What she gets in return? He will start taking sex for granted because she's his wife and so it's a "duty" from her. He will take her overall for granted and while her body is ruined by pregnancy he will will look at other woman and be out there in the job place while she takes care of kids. If I could create children like men do, I would have 10 of them.
    It takes a lot to convince me to get married.

• There are both men and women desperate for validation from others. That's basically what you're describing.

But there are women who fill it with sex and men who fill it by jumping into intense relationships. Its not so cut and dry as that.

• No no