I feel like people don't take me seriously?

In general, I feel pretty confident in myself. I am a little but socially awkward at times, but I'll catch myself. Still, I don't feel like people take me seriously. I feel like I'm just a big joke to them. Any idea how to get around these feelings?

What Girls Said 2

• It all depends on what reactions you are receiving. It's possible that your delivery isn't as sure as you want it to be, or you could even be misreading people's reactions. It has a lot to do with situations and the people in them. If the people you're talking to are used to you being light hearted or comical, they may not take you seriously. If you tend to be sarcastic a lot, you might not be taken seriously. Oddly enough, if your facial expressions don't match the level of seriousness you're feeling, people could misread you.

• I feel this way too... being average height, blonde and thin doesn't help. People make me nervous sometimes, if I am in a crowd, I can't command people's attention. I usually just try to stand out with my edgy fashion. I always feel confident in black and dark red lipstick lol!! Try to talk as loud as you can... to get people to take you seriously. Stand tall and try to bring up something important or something you are passionate about!! Good luck, Sir!!!

What Guys Said 0