Are there words that really annoy you or make you cringe?

Candid makes me cringe and buddy annoys me

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 17

• Bling
    Sammiches
    People who don't know Your from You're
    People who don't know Their from There or They're
    A LOT is TWO FCKING WORDS!!!
    The moronic media idiots that call semi-automatic rifles 'Assault Weapons' to get ratings!! THEY KNOW they are using the wrong term, but do it for the hype!! D-Bags!!

• I find most internet slang words such as "lol" or "lmao" very annoying. That's why you could go through my entire history of posts on GaG and you'd nowhere ever find one of them. I've been strictly boycotting all of these internet words since they became hip 10 years ago or so. What I find especially annoying about them is that people type them without actually meaning them. For example when people type things such as "lo", they're not actually laughing like crazy, holding their belly and almost falling off their chair. They're just mildly chuckling or maybe smiling a bit. Well then why can't you just write "ch" for chuckling or something like that? Why does it need to be so over-emotional when you don't even mean it? I find it stupid when people use really strong words without even meaning them.
    For the same reason, I also get annoyed when people call me "bro" or "buddy" or "my friend" when I'm not their brother, buddy or friend.

• It gets really cringey to me when someone says "yas" in real life. I feel like it's equivalent to saying "lol" or "lmao" while in an actual conversation to someone. It's just... odd. I often don't hear lol or lmao irl, but I do know a couple people who go like "omg yasssss" every once in awhile.

It just makes me want to be like
    lh3.googleusercontent.com/.../...7t%2Bsay%2Bit.gif

• 'Paradigm". And 'perception.' These words always are a prelude to somebody making excuses for something. or just spewing hot air to cover a lack of any real ideas.

• these moronic words that so many young boys using like 'smash' or 'sloot' etc etc

And they all mimic each other- sheep much?

• A buddy with poor communication skills certainly annoys me.

• Hubby. When I hear that word, I just want to tell them to STFU.

• Bully. It's just so irritating!

• Puberty. Stupid sounding word that gets used in awkward situations awkwardly.

• "Pal" annoys me and "Plateau" makes me shiver (in the bad way)

• Selfie, moist and Donald Trump

• pap smears

• Vegan

• Limber. To me, it sounds exactly opposite to it's definition.

• "Well see what happens "

• not very many no. bro, is one of them and okay another

• 1. creep
    2. nerd
    3. sensitive
    4. controlling

What Girls Said 14