Have you ever listened to a recording of your own voice? What did you think about it?

A friend of mine posted this here article on Facebook yesterday...

Why Do People Hate The Sound Of Their Own Voices?

It's pretty neat. Apparently, there are three tiny bones in our ears that create a variance between what we think our voices sound like and what they actually sound like.

What do you think when you hear a recording of your own voice?

Most Helpful Girl

• My Voice has always been way Too High.
    Although many people Like this, Like my Perfect Diction, it is still No Comfort to my own Ears.
    I really do not believe that Anyone likes to Listen to Themselves.
    Good luck and Great question, @BCRanger10 xx

Narcissists.

@Default_Hore Hey, hun, do you even know what this word is? Sounds like this fits you to a t with you being even Ignorant with what you Voice. This will never get you, Lebel2, to Master. lol!!

Thank you for the Vote of Confidence. xxoo

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I have. I regularly record myself when I play my guitar and sing. I also co-host a radio show where I hear myself over the earphones. I think I'm one of the very few people out there who like their voice :-). I've always been complimented a lot on my voice, both my guys and girls. I went to a special high school that focused particularly on things like art and music, for teenagers who are very talented in this subjects. My former music teacher there pushed me to take private solo singing lessons with him because he wanted me to become a professional singer (not like in a band, but classical style... in the opera or so) because he liked my voice so much. I did take the lessons for 2 years but I didn't feel like pursuing a music career. But yes, I do like my voice quite a lot. It's probably one of my best "physical" features.

What Girls Said 15

• Ugh, yes, and it's so weird. Hearing what I actually sound like throws me off for a moment anytime I listen to a recording of my voice because it's not what I'm used to, haha.

• you do realize that even with speakers today its still impossible to make a guy over the radio sound exactly the same as he does in person right? audible devices can only mimic voices, they can't actually make it identical

• What do you want to say, I've been living in a lie?
    Gosh, I always thought that my voice sounded great.

• Yeah and I hate the sound of my voice. It sounds awkward and high pitched

• Yes, I have been recorded several times. It sounds a bit odd and different to me. Not bad, just different than how I hear myself. I am pretty soft spoken.

• Yeah, I've heard myself talking and singing. It's weird, but I can't say I hate my voice. It's just higher than I thought it would be :P

• Oooooh. I don't like it. I don't know anyone who does.

• I actually started to like it now but I thought the voice I hear in my recording wasn't accurate

• It's cringe worthy.
    I hate my own voice. I usually try to cover my ears or something if I know I am going to hear my recorded voice.

• Yes and I don't recognize myself at all. It's higher than it sounds to me

• Yes and I don't think I sound good.

• Ugh I hate it to be honest, but that's interesting about the variance.

• Yeah, I like my own voice

• i hate it bc i sound like a little kid voice and im turning 18

• I listened to it and I had to turn it off immediately. I hate hearing the sound of the recording of my own voice because it's so deep.

What Guys Said 9

• I have. My voice has an interesting accent and I talk with an upward inflection, yet has good bass. Definitely stands out in a room. I used to think my voice sounds gay and I hated it.

Then once I realized girls liked my voice, I started embracing my own voice more.

• i hate the sound of my own voice when hearing it played back to me

• To me I sound like a Middle-class history teacher lol. Fascinating fact about the bones though.

• Yeah it sounds so strange to hear a recording of yourself. You hear your own voice everyday but to hear it on audio is so different. I'm a bit self conscious about it now. It's like "I sound that dweeby?"" LOL

• I listened a recording of myself when I was singing and thought to myself..."that voice sounds so... gay"

• i think : no no no, dont wanna hear it again

• I hate my voice played back.
    It sounds like I talk though my nose.

• at the first time i heard it, i said the recorder "fuck you bitch. this is not me"

• I hated the sound of my voice