Why are there random cats hanging out in my back yard?

I have a cat, she's been spayed, she does not like company. The past few weeks we've had Random cats hanging around our back yard, the latest one my cat doesn't seem to mind, I believe she is female, very well fed and very very friendly, always coming up to you for smooches. But this is the 3rd cat that we have seen, at first we thought it was because we had a catnip plant, so we got rid of it but they're still coming!

Most Helpful Guy

• the tom cats just wanna tap that pussycat.

Like I said my cat is spayed so that shouldn't be the reason

cats like to socialize with other cats, its just the way they are, like most animals and humans.

I guess that is possible, my cat has just generally not liked company of other cats. We got a kitten over a year ago and she hated him so much, then he made a friend with another cat and they would chase eachother all over the show and sleep while cuddled together, she didn't like either of them. When the kitten passed away she became a lot more social with us and spends most of her time at home now.

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe your cat has made some new friends. whats the harm in letting them hang out?

What Guys Said 1

• They can probably smell the cat food and litter box in your house.

What Girls Said 1

• Do you leave food outside? That could be a reason. Or some cats just like to mark their territory