Would you feel guilty if your mother took a bullet for you?

Some co-worker shared something that happened to his cousin in his latin country a several years ago (before he came here) and he has his moments where he blames himself. The mother took 2 bullets for her 20ish year-old son. Thugs were gonna shoot him.

Sadly the mother dies right in front of him and the bad guys get away.

3mo Though I'm a grown 6'1 man, my mother would do the same before I even get a chance to protect her. She would die if something happened to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thugs wanted to shoot him for a reason. I'd feel guilty if I was the reason we were being shot at.

Yeah, there must have been a reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't blame myself. I didn't do the shooting and I wouldn't use her as a human shield. The reason he probably feels guilty is because he was up to no good and people came back on him for vengeance and his mom paid the price rather than him. In that case you'd have to feel like an asshole for creating a situation that would harm your family.

Base on what my co-worker said, the guy's mother came on time, pushed him aside on the last minute and got in the way. He never wanted to use her as a shield but the mother didn't want her son to be shot.

My mother said she would do the same for me too. Even though I'm a grown 6'1 man and lot bigger than her. It would be my job to protect her but knowing her well, she would still be insisting that she would father die than getting me die for her, which I would.

Rather

What Girls Said 3

• I'd feel horrible. My mom is the best person in my life, and I do know that she'd take a bullet for me in a heartbeat. I'd do the same for her.

• I'd take a bullet for my mom any day. I won't even think twice about it. Mom was my world

I would too but my mother would more than likely get in the way.
      Even though I'm a man and a lot bigger than her, she would rather die than let me sacrifice my life for her, which I would.

• No, I would not, because I know that's what she would do.

Yes, that's very unique about a mother. Even though I'm a grown 6'1 man in his 20's and it's us who are protective towards our friends and family (including our female relatives), my mother would rather die than let me sacrifice my life for her.

What Guys Said 1

• That's a mother's heart for ya. I've learned to expect these type of things with my mother and attempt to prevent it. In this case though, I'm not sure if I'd be able to. If I was the cause I'd feel terrible and of course, guilty.