Height difference and insecurities?

I'm a small framed 5ft 2 girl, and my boyfriend is 5ft 11. He is strong, big built as he works out daily, and is into sports.

Due to my height, my head just passes his shoulder briefly. I personally don't mind the height difference, but it get's a bit awkward at times. He tends to pick me up every so often, and whenever we are walking around together I have to do a bit of a speed walk to keep up with him at times. When we hold hands he always jokes that I have "child hands" because they are so much smaller than his are. I am okay with his joking, but..

My friends have recently mentioned that he looks like a "hulk" compared to me, because I am tiny and short while he is tall and strong and big built from doing sports throughout his life. I have been feeling a bit insecure when I'm with him, because ever since my friends brought it to my attention I feel like everyone notices the height difference between us.
I know it's probably just in my head, but it bothers me. My friends range in height from 5ft 5 to 5ft 7, so they are all a little taller than me too. I have tried to wear high heels, but i am not comfortable in them, and i cannot walk properly no matter how much I try.

Is there anything I can do, besides wearing heels to help with my height insecurity?

Thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 6'2", I have dated girls shorter than you. I genuinely prefer petite women, and can tell you that we don't want you putting on heels or trying to make yourself taller, we like you the way you are.

Hayden and Wladimir have an even bigger difference than you guys and they love it!

cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/.../...ir-klitschko-05.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry about what your friends say. A lot of men find petite women very attractive and I am sure your boyfriend would not be with you if he did not feel that way.

I am not as petite as you. I am pretty average height for a woman. Between 5'5'' and 5'6'' and my boyfriend is 5'10''... however, I have very small hands. I only know one adult woman with hands smaller than mine and that is my aunt. My sister teases me all the time about my short hands or not being able to reach things on shelves.

But, I love how small my hands are compared to his and even though I hate not being able to reach things on high shelves, I would much rather be this height than taller and tower over my boyfriend or something. I would not want to be taller than him. That would make me insecure, actually.

What Guys Said 15

• Many guys (myself definitely included) prefer petite girls, so there's nothing to be insecure about...

• Look I used to be 5'3 until 2 years ago and I was insecure af but I realised that there wasn't anything wrong with it.. I mean sure the best looking girls usually like big men but its not all about looks and ass and boobs, its about personality and all. If they really love you then none of that would matter but since then I had a growth spurt and grew to 5'8 which I am happy about but if I suddenly woke up one day being 5'3 I would not give 1 single poopoo to the fact that I am small. Because BIG THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES.

• Have you talked to your b/f about his joking? I've learned that the word "but" nullifies everything before it in the sentence. I think we are all here to help each other (especially our s/o) through life. If you're insecure because of it, you'll want to tell him that.

As for the insecurities prompted by your friends, when did this start?

• You have nothing to be insecure about. Guys live petit girls. Girls are usually significantly smaller than guys and if it doesn't bother him, it shouldn't bother you.

• It's really nothing to worry about, him choosing you should be evident enough. Figured picking up a girl would be cute if anything, not cause insecurities.

• I'm 5'11 and I prefer to date someone in the 5'0-5'7 range. You're fine with your height. Learn to love your height no matter what. That's not even really a big height differential.

• Since when is 5'11 tall? Most people are like 5 or 6 inches apart on average so 9 inches isn't that ridiculous. I've dated girls that are 5'2 and I'm 6'5 :D

• Don't do anything
    If you both are comfortable with each other then nothing else matters

• If you are not comfortable in high heels: let them be. Your boyfriend loves you just the way you are. Don't try to be different. Be yourself!

• Honestly it's a bonus for me.

• Just heels but it really is no big deal and most girls like their guys much taller

• I am 5'5" my girlfriend is 5 9".
    We are gonna marry soon. Who cares about height

• Ask him how he feels about it. Since he is your boyfriend it is bound to be a safe question. Might do something for your lack of confidence.

• But when the guy is way bigger than the girl...
    ... It's hot.

• That's not too much of height difference.

What Girls Said 7

• Build up your self confidence. Because no matter who you are with, if you are happy with yourself then nothing else matters. Not saying be self absorbed and egotistic. But just accept what you got, your boyfriend loves you for who you are regardless of what you look like. In fact , your petite frame could be one of the assets he likes about you. People are all different, just be yourself.

• Embrace your height. I'm only 1in taller than you and I've already accepted that I won't be able to grow anymore lol.

• you were happy before.. so your friends comments shouldn't matter. anyhow its your height get use to it. your next boyfriend may be shorter ore taller your height shouldn't be an issue base on who you're dating.

• Small people small problems

Work on your self esteem instead. Expand your horizons. See the big picture like big people see.

• You two sound like a cute couple!! And I don't think the height difference is that bad. I'm 5'3

• Most women prefer tall muscular guys so im calling bullshit on this one

• Shut up at least you have a boyfriend