Which Movie or Video Game has the worst Dystopian Future?

In your opinion, which dystopian future featured in a video game or movie is the worst?

• FalloutWhich Movie or Video Game has the worst Dystopian Future?
    20% (4)22% (5)21% (9)Vote
  • Blade RunnerWhich Movie or Video Game has the worst Dystopian Future?
    10% (2)4% (1)7% (3)Vote
  • BioshockWhich Movie or Video Game has the worst Dystopian Future?
    15% (3)4% (1)9% (4)Vote
  • MatrixWhich Movie or Video Game has the worst Dystopian Future?
    20% (4)17% (4)19% (8)Vote
  • Chrono TriggerWhich Movie or Video Game has the worst Dystopian Future?
    15% (3)4% (1)9% (4)Vote
  • IdiocracyWhich Movie or Video Game has the worst Dystopian Future?
    20% (4)13% (3)16% (7)Vote
  • Others (please say)
    0% (0)36% (8)19% (8)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
3mo Other movies:
Terminator
Wall E
Mad Max
12 Monkeys
Robocop
Children of Men
Farenheight 451

Video Games:
Half Life 2
Overwatch
Phantasy Star
Beyond Good and Evil
Crystalis
Shadowrun

0|1
9|15

Most Helpful Girl

• So many good ones. I think Fallout is worse. At least with the others there's a chance to rebuild the world back to what it once was. In Fallout the world is completely ruined beyond hope. Ferals, Ghouls, Synths, and Super Mutants will inherit the earth and humanity will cease to exist.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Fallout's world is not ruined beyond hope. The NCR has successfully rebuilt California: they have trucks, factories, farms, aircraft, trains. The cities are clean and safe, they have a standing army and police forces.

Super Mutants were stopped from ruling the world by the Vault Dweller. Non-feral Ghouls don't want to rule the world.

Two attempts to rebuild the world by the US Government were thwarted by the do-gooder player in Fallout 2 and 3, in the form of a release of an FEV specifically targeted to kill mutants, and then by the impotent Brotherhood of Steel forcing their hand to try a variant of that plan.

• Show All
    • 3mo

@Willowtree It's also a world with advanced technology and weapons that could easily eradicate mutated wildlife and purify the water.

Supermutants might outlive humans, but they are all sterile (as per Fallout 1) and cannot reproduce except by dipping more humans. Ghouls might outlive humans but nobody quite understands what causes them to go feral, whether it is an inevitability over time or triggered by something else entirely. They are almost certainly also sterile.

Humans are still intent on destroying each other because of Bethesda's lack of writing skill. In Fallout 2, raiders largely don't exist and are replaced by organised or common criminals. In New Vegas, the Mojave is essentially a frontier region with limited law enforcement. Fallout 3 and 4, meanwhile, are written to appeal to a mainstream audience's perception of what the post-nuclear world should look like, preposterous as a still-scorched world full of leather-clad maniacs is 200 years after the war.

• 3mo

@meatballs21 I didn't play Fallout 1 or 2 :x :D

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• Being in the Matrix would suck ass if you actually found out it was the Matrix. Plus, the plot is stupid if you think about it. Human batteries? Wouldn't batteries be better. BUT I heard that humans were going to be storage units, but the big wigs said it was too confusing because computers had just become mainstream, so, they made people batteries instead of storage units. :/ whamp whamp whaaaaa

0|0
    0|0
  • So I've never actually watched the Matrix but I've read the plot synopsis on IMDB and that one sounds the worst, I think.

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
  • Bioshock and Fallout are the worst.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been into any video games that are like that ex for maybe 2 of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd have to say Matrix

0|0
    0|0
  • Chrono Trigger

0|0
    0|0
  • Fallout

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Soylent Green. Hands down. Most depressing thing ever and unlike all the ones you showed their is no ray of hope no future its just a world that's so broken its like watching some one dying slowly knowing that their is nothing that can be done yet still hooking them up to machines to try and keep them going. Great movie by the way but depressing as hell.

0|0
    0|0
  • Metro:Last Light.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2djDE_kwH3Q
    It's not your regular American , Western Europe sad.
    With the western inspired dystopian futures at least there's a hope for redemption, promise of some better tomorrow. In Eastern Europe dystopias , there's no redemption from human nature.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm7e92F32ig

0|0
    0|0
  • The Road. Initially a Cormac McCarthy book, but I think it got a film. If you ever wondered what a world without God looks like, look no further.

After an undescribed disaster, the word is reduced to a wasteland of ash and dead plants, husks of building. Animals have been hunted out, so the remaining humans have been reduced to life in incredibly harsh communes living off a disappearing supply of canned goods (if they're lucky) or more often dividing into cannibal gangs to enslave and breed other people for food, excepting a few wanderers like the unnamed father and son ("the man" and "the boy") who roam around subsisting on scavenged mushrooms and old, lost supplies. On more than one occasion, the man is prepared to mercy kill his son or have the boy do the job himself. It's a horrid story.

0|1
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Abe is probably the worst dystopian game to play every made.

• The Road. Barring some hidden enclave of humanity with hydroponics and renewable energy hiding somewhere, the majority of surface life on Earth is dead and humans only survive for a short time longer with what little supplies remain, and cannibalism.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say matrix, human reduced to batteries sucks.
    p. s Bioshock isn't in the future, its the past

0|0
    0|0
  • Chrono Trigger is soooooo depressing in the future..

0|0
    0|0
  • Mad Max,
    Fallout isn't that bad as a lot if it has come back to pre-war in the NCR

0|0
    0|0
  • It's more of an alternate present or maybe a little bit in the past, but Dishonored is pretty terrible.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would say blade runner.
    half life 2 and 1 is the best man

0|0
    0|0
  • Gotta say... the Matrix is the most scariest I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Others, as in Hunger Games and Divergent.

0|0
    0|0
  • As in, the conditions of the dystopia being bad, or the concept behind the dystopia being bad?

0|0
    0|0
  • All of em equally

0|0
    0|0