What laptops/notebooks are better than a macbook pro?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• The Dell XPS 13 sure does get some darn good ratings. If you're not a Mac person, I would check that out. In terms of is actually better, that depends on your preference. People don't say Macs have the best hardware for no reason, it's because it's true. The software on the other hand is where people start debating. Personally, I like not having to worry about viruses. My Macbook Pro is 2 years old and I haven't had a single issue. Some people simply like the feeling of OS, some like the feeling of Windows. It's just a matter of preference. Not every OS software is perfect, and by no means do you have to update. Just like you don't have to update from Windows 7 to 8, 9, or 10. Even though El Captian has been out for like a year now, I'm still on Yosemite. It is so fast, my Macbook can boot up and I an start surfing the web in less than 10 seconds. If you do like Windows better, good news! You can actually use windows on a Macbook! Or you can also buy Microsoft Office for OS if you want as well. So unless you're looking for a dedicated gaming laptop, I personally think Macs are better in every other aspect. Also, unless you're running intensive programs like video editing, photoshopping, mechanical drafting, playing games, or any other intensive programs like those, you really don't need a crazy processor or more than 8GB of RAM. Hope this helps!

What Girls Said 13

• I think Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is a very very good laptop in comparison to MacBook Pro as the price range is better and the surface pen is just so useful ! Plus the screen is touch screen so it can work like a tablet too

Cool thanks I'll check that out

• For me, nothing is better than a Mac because all the software I need for my job is only compatible with Mac.

What software is that? I thought most jobs were more suited to the MS office stuff

Do you work in Hollywood?

@pooper89 gawwd no

• Macs have a solid state HD. So you can buy a Windows laptop with one already put in or buy a cheap one and upgrade it. You can upgrade the RAM too but make sure you get a 64-bit processor.

It's all about specs. I have a Asus Q550LF. I upgraded to an SSD and upped the RAM. Touch screen and the screen is 1920X1080.
    It's pretty fast and my graphics card is customizable as well.

• Depends on price, specs, software, and what you want to do with it. In my opinion the only thing they're good for is the software since many major companies use it. But if you don't like to bandwagon, I'll show you the dark side 😂 (We aren't that bad we just don't like Apple...)

• I have a Microsoft surface pro 4 and I love it, I also have it as a computer that I use most of the time with my keyboard.

• it depends on what you're using it for
    i have a 3.5 year old ASUS laptop that only cost $500
    works great and covers my needs - office, watching videos, light photo editing

• I own two HP laptops + one Apple iPad.

HP is my personal favorite as my laptops have been to hell and back with me.

• I have no clue, actually wondering this myself.
    Has anyone tried a laptop running Chrome OS?

• I think I have a Windows 8 or 10 laptop. It runs really fast. 😊

• None tbh

• Microsoft Surface Pro 4... having both, i'd much rather use my surface pro, but i have to have a mac for work. I wish i could ditch it though.

• None are.

• everything is better thn mac (for me) and this is the reason.
    1st of all, me , as a gamer , I'd never go for mac because it doesn't support 90% of the games I'm playing.

Windows rules ! a decent laptop will do it's job.
    even for work/business - windows can do it all

What Guys Said 15

• My wife's Dell still runs strong after 7 years but I should reinstall her Windows XP it's becoming excruciatingly slow.

My son's Dell died after 2 years.
    A friend's 3 yo Macbook died 2 days ago (battery/overheathing)
    A neighbor's Macbook had to be replaced last year (broken hinges)
    My daughter in law uses an old (bad reputation) Acer.

There's no rule. Some brands just have more laptops breaking down before the guarantee expires but the stats are only stats: your particular laptop may break down in 12 months or last 7 years. Pro models are supposed to be a bit better. Milspec models are supposed to resist bad handling.

• I have no probs with my Fujitsu laptop running Win10. No probs with Samsung Tab4 with Android.

I had thought about running Ubuntu Linux or similar on the laptop, as on my main PC. I'll leave it along, though.

• Almost anything would be a better purchase than a Macbook pro at the same price range. Within the price range you were looking at, I got an amazing Eluktronics laptop. It runs The Witcher 3 on max settings in 2k resolution at 60 fps, which basically means it can do anything. It has an SSD so you won't have to worry about boot times, plus a terabyte of HDD for files and programmes that you don't need the SSD for.

The bottom line when it comes to PCs versus Macs:
    PCs are compatible with a lot more programmes, last longer, are more powerful in pretty much every sense, and don't make you look too pretentious :P
    Macs are better at some artsy programmes, though that number is decreasing by the day, they look nicer and they're sleeker, and they get viruses less easily.

• Nothing is better than a Mac, except a Mac that has superior specifications.

Not sure if sarcasm ahahha

@pooper89 Apple's OS X operating system is based on UNIX, but the earlier versions weren't, and they were notorious for crashing. I used them for graphic design in college, and we had to constantly save in case it froze.

@TheWaterBear yeah those things were boxes of shit

• Pretty much everyone with a graphics card xD just look for the prices. If its roughly 500 dollars cheaper, its probably as good.

• I prefer a Lenova only bc of the price and I'm used to it. If I was starting all over I would probably go with a MAC

• What do you need it to do? Are there any specific applications or accessories that you need?

• hard to say. The fact that you can run both ios and windows on a mac at the same time, its hard to find a laptop that can really beat it. For me, the only non macbook I'd want would be a gaming laptop like the razer blade, or an alienware

• HP Pavilion 17t UHD 4K 17.3'' High Performance Gaming Laptop V3A33AV (Intel i7, 17.3 inch UHD 3840 x 2160, 32GB Memory, 2TB HDD + 512GB SSD, Win10) with SmartFriend Support (1-Month)

It's on Amazon

• If you are spending the same amount of money, the windows laptop is normally faster. I suggest getting a gaming laptop if you are spending that much on a laptop.

• Better in what sense?

Almost all mid-high tier non-macbooks are superior.

As in a faster processor. I've always found the computer that has that is the better one

Flash storage and quadcore intel processor [not sure if AMD even produces laptop processors] are usually enough. Macbooks are heavily limited in graphical processing power.

Dell's XPS series is superior, bar none.

Thank you dude

• what you gonna be doing with it. buy on what your wallet can support and your versatility.

• Probably anything. I've read articles about how the MacBooks are several years old now and haven't been updated.

• Better as in gaming or video editing?

As in a faster processor

Then you can easily just get a $500 laptop and it will work fine for that.

If its just for work and movie playing it doesn't really matter which system you pick. If you are familiar with both system then choose one you like the most.

• toshiba makes good laptops in my experience. macs are overrated and over priced.