Why is Japan's population declining?

What is it about sex that they are so against doing to increase the population? I hear some of the women from there I met say that the men over there are not assertive enough and they lost interest or the men say that they don't have time because of work. Is that part of the reason?

116

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they prioritise their careers over making babies.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its because the women want rich men, and the post-industrial economy presents a new set of opportunities that they aren't prepared for. This screws the men over, because they are the ones pressured to earn. In Japan, there aren't many job opportunities where a guy can just carve his own niche and become successful.

Honor is a huge motivating factor for Japanese men, and the inability to meet lofty standards discourages them from reaching out. They dont call it MGTOW, since MGTOW is just a front covering the very same socioeconomic issues (women naming a price in La-La Land, and men can't pay it in REALITY).

Women are getting laid, but by the older successful men who dont want babies with their side girls.

• It's funny how the women seemed to be focused on money a lot. They are usually the ones spouting on about love and what not on videos that I watch of them being asked questions.

• Feminism in America at least doused some of the traditional gender role dogma that other countries have yet to rid themselves of.

If you survey average women in various countries across the globe, they still expect men to earn the money while they stay at home and cook and clean.

Equal opportunity and varying degrees of hypergamy screws up this social dynamic, specifically for men on the lower end of the totem pole.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 15

• webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/.../...6728.png

Japan has the lowest GDP per work-hour of any of the G7 nations- to earn the same amount as the average American, the average Japanese person has to work more than one and a half times as long. And because it's still mandated that men have to be the primary providers for any household, with entitled Japan women emphasizing the importance of men's earnings above all else when it comes to finding 'worthy partners', to an even greater extent than Western women (http://www. japancrush. com/2013/stories/japanese-women-wont-marry-low-income-earners-reveals-poll. html), the majority of Japanese men have simply given up on materialistic, money-grabbing women, due to their total lack of empathy and unreasonable demands to 'date up' and marry 'only the best (wealthiest) men'. Even with those who do get married, Japan's proportion of sexless marriages is the highest in the world, and rising steadily, now standing at almost 50% of all marriages in Japan. Because sexual attraction isn't a factor in Japanese women choosing who to marry- it's all about money, and sex is a nuisance to them, and unwanted chore. Almost 60% of Japanese women surveyed describe themselves as "indifferent or averse" towards having sex; almost 50% of Japanese men surveyed say that they've never had a girlfriend, and almost 30% of men state that they don't want one. Japanese men have gone their own way, parting ways with Japanese women and their trophies. And this is the primary reason for Japan's population decline. Japan's about 10-30 years ahead of the curve, depending on where in the Western World you live; but we're all going the same way.

• If I could give you the Most Helpful Guy thing I would lol but I dunno why it won't let me lol

• No fair... :( Anyway, another interesting stat which may be relevant-

Women work on average 50 minutes more a day than men, data from the WEF's Global Gender Gap report suggests. Although men do 34% more paid work than women, women still spend more of their time on unpaid work such as housework, childcare, care for older people, charity work and voluntary work. There are only six countries where men work more hours than women after all of these things are taken into account; notably, three of these are Nordic countries where parental leave can be shared relatively evenly between men and women. But guess which country's bottom of the list?
      ichef.bbci.co.uk/.../...xtra_hours_624_english.png

• lol do women over there not do shit except buy designer brands, cook/clean, and pop babies? I don't understand. My girlfriend is Japanese, she went to college and got a degree and she STILL wants to be a housewife? She said before me she was looking for a rich guy so that she doesn't have to work. It just seems like a waste of 4 years to me but I'm trying to be understanding. I come from a home where my mother did all of that and worked to provide for me.

• Was extremely naive when I was younger. Movies, books, TV shows and society in general did an excellent job of keeping me that way for many years. It wasn't until the third false accusation (slow learner) that I started to open my eyes and think for myself - which started my in-depth research project into reality.

Illusions and enchantments are tough to give up. The world is most easily viewed and experienced through rose colored glasses and safe-spaces. Viewing true human nature or experiencing it up close and personal is very unpleasant and often comes with deeply disturbing wake up calls.

Freedom for men is living without the threat of alimony, asset division, child support (alimony++), parental alienation, palimony, civil suit payouts/imprisonment following false accusations and imprisonment following payment lapses through state enforced indentured servitude (slavery). Freedom is being able to walk away - with no repercussions - from someone whose intent is to force wealth and power from you to themselves. Freedom is being disposable to no one and being the sole determiner of one's own destiny.

They're called herbivores in Japan and MGTOWs in North America and Europe. As their numbers grow exponentially - their existence will be denied. First they ignore you...

• good article here. doesn't seem to be only about being averse to sex but rather not having sex for some other reasons
    theweek.com/.../everything-need-know-about-japans-population-crisis

i think the matter of japan's cultural changing from one of arranged or at least somewhat arranged marriages to marriage on one's own accord are a big factor

• I blame it on Pokemon. I think that made all the guys somewhat asexual.

When I was a kid we watched Hokuto no Ken:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...2ab19e1cab.jpg

I think that was much better.

• Because they are more focused on careers than having a family. Therefore, low marriage rates, low birth rates and a high ageing population.

• Because they're smart not to have children. Meanwhile, places like Africa, Haiti, and South Asia aren't exactly smart, so they have kids like there's no tomorrow.

• I think its more that they need all the help they can get because they don't exactly live in the best conditions. At the same time, I see where you are getting at.. more mouths to feed

• Too much of a heavy focus on careers for sure... they are also overpopulated though. But they are refusing to let in much immigration, wisely. So while they will face problems, Japan will still be Japanese.

• 60 to 90 hour work weeks

• Work is a big part of it. Many people work instead of starting families.

• Because men over there would rather have sex with pixelated characters than real women.

• i watched a few documentaries on this, however actual japanese people have told me otherwise

• It's happening all over the world so I wouldn't worry about it.

• That country exploit sex industry very hard since years ago, of course it will affect their people's mental health , on long term

• Women in Japan are starting to hold off on getting pregnant and focus on their careers instead. Nit an issue of the men, but the problem stems from the modern culture.

• It's multiple resions 1 there a lot of people who are sick/ got sick from the atomic bombing/ nuclear power station blowing up 2 they have a cronic shotage of nurses 3 people are having less kids and 4 teens in general these days are having less sex