What do you think about (young) people who dont drink alcohol?

for various reasons. do you think they are boring or strange? be honest?

3mo because a lot of people i know think that

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's cool how there seem to be more people of the generation younger than mine that won't be alcoholic party people.
    They'll think before they do stuff and make better decisions.
    Straight edge life style is awesome!

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't drink alcohol either. Getting drunk just isn't my idea of fun. I actually get bored at parties. When I am forced to go, I try to keep myself busy by hanging out at the food table or making friends with the dog.

What Guys Said 17

• They're neither boring nor strange. I don't drink alcohol either, or on rare occasions and I don't need it to live well. It just doesn't solve life problems, and I hate wine, vodka or anything too strong. Beer isn't nice either.

• I am meeting more and more young people that choose to be straight edge. These are not exactly people you'd call geeks.
    And I like it.

Just as I've been telling to my friend, not everybody likes alcohol and some people choose other stuff and that's ok. I miself drink, but I've never forced anybody to drink, I have friends that dont drink and we go out together and still have fun.

• Smart people

• When i tell others I don't drink, they act surprised or treat me as if I am some sort of self-righteous person.
    I think people should only drink alcohol in times of celebration.
    Not as a recreational hobby.

• Personally, I find drink itself to be pretty boring. It just makes conversations less interesting. I'd say, try it out for yourself, and if you don't like it, just tell people it isn't your thing when they ask.

• Brains aren't fully developed until 25 so I consider that a champion for their own health

• They're awesome

• I don't drink, but I do it for myself not for others to judge or to gain approval.

• They are in my team.

• If you don't drink it at all then I wonder why? And there is rarely a good reason. I don't want to hear your opinions on a grilled steak if you've never had it with a glass of Australian shiraz :-P

there are too many reasons for me

Well seeing that a glass of wine is healthy for your body and pairs nicely with certain meals, I have yet to see a valid argument. I don't care what anybody does but to answer the question it is a little odd when someone refuses to ever drink with a meal without a valid reason like allergies.

thats your opinion, im fine without alcohol

• I am Irish :)

do the Math :)

• No just normal

• No , why? This way of thinking makes people live like a robot.

a lot of people told me thats boring and strange

no. but it starts to annoy me

Dont care and tell them to go on their way and do what they want to and let you to do what you want to

• It's actually their life

• young adults are aloud a little fun

• more than average iq.

• There are resion not to (medication past alcoholism medical conditions) but I think that by not drinking your missing out on the freedom that your 18 to 23 year old life should be about and learning a skill that could help you later in life

im fine without drinking

And i respect your decision but going to cocktail parties and meating the right people is the resion my house both truck and my wife's $17000 wedding ring are all payed of 90% of the time in life when it comes to getting the best jobs and early investment opportunities it's who you know not what you know and you very rarely see super rich people who don't drink and my last point Winston Churchill smoked 20 cigars a day and drank a 1/5 of wiskey a Day Hitler never touched eather just saying

well i wouldn't say im super rich but my parents are both doctors and they also dont drink.. you dont need to drink alcohol to be successful?

What Girls Said 8

• WHO CARES... As long as it's YOUR choice, it shouldn't matter to anyone else. Do whatever makes YOU happy. Those who say you're boring, most probably don't even have personalities before their alcohol intake. It is a matter of preference & lifestyle. Find like-minded people who fit into YOUR world, don't try to fit into theirs.

• No. Not at all. It's actually admirable in the face of so much rampant peer pressure in the world.

• That's totally fine with me. I rarely drink myself.

• I never really drank. I tried it once and didn't like it. So if they don't want to, then that's fine.

• Smart :)

• I think they don't like alcohol... Very normal definitely ok... Probably will always be the drivers :D

• I think they are smart.

• I don't drink and didn't drink growing up. For me, it never really mattered. None of my friends care that I dont drink/I don't care that they drink. We still have good times :)