What is one thing you did to try to impress the opposite sex that ended up being completely embarrassing?

My ex and I were recently married and she entrusted me to do domestic duties as she was out. When she came home she found me do the ironing and on greater inspection found i was ironing her bra's :)

Most Helpful Girl

• One thing I have done to impress the opposite sex, is trying to run against him, and expecting to win. Golly, boys are so fast! 😂

What Girls Said 6

• i dot know how to iron id probably burn everything. but you must know how to do basic domestic chores. how would you survive on your own?

As for me, hmm.. i think i dont really consciously o things to try to impress people bc that makes me feel desperate , but i do like the feeling of being calm if he freaks out. an maybe he appreciates im not freaking out. but it probably also makes him feel bad.

oh no i do remember something. i was showing off with some obscure information i knew about an ancient culture an totally mispronounce one of the names --which he knew an corrected me in haughty way (probably to get back at me for being calm when he freaks out ! ) that was really not fun. now im always extra careful about anything i say. makes things stressful actually lol but i dont make mistakes,

• Random house guest who I didn't know personally was in my living room so I brought him some snacks, he said he already ate at his house and I told him "it's okay but you're gonna eat it anyways" 😂 I meant to say "you don't have to eat it". But I handed the plate to him and walked away. I found the half empty plate later, cringeworthy but funny.

• Oh man you might've ruined her bra lol
    One thing I've done to impress a guy was asking him out

• I tried to play volleyball once.

Never again. My left eye begs me not to.

• Going to Medical school

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 5

• I had an extremely embarrassing experience when I was 17 or so. There was a girl I had a pretty big crush on and we hung out quite a lot. She was always very sweet to me, even invited me to her place where I sat in her room with her and talked (it was just talking but felt very intimate) and afterwards we had dinner with her parents.
    Once a year, there's a big fair in my city. With food stands and rollercoasters and whatnot. I had never really gone there before because I don't like being in big crowds of people. But my crush asked me to go with her... so of course I couldn't say no. I hoped it would be a good opportunity to get "closer" to her, if you know what I mean ;-).
    Well, we went there and she turned out to be a complete rollercoaster otaku. She wanted to go on literally every single ride, especially the ones that just swing you around like crazy. After 5-6 of those rides, I told her that I had enough. But she looked at me with those puppy eyes, so I said yes anyway. After that ride, I really felt very sick (I had eaten lunch just 2 hours previously). I told her that I felt very dizzy and really had enough for a while. I suggested to wait for her while she went on another ride on her own. She got a little annoyed and started teasing me, saying I wasn't a real man and maybe she should look for another guy to do fun things with her. I was shocked to hear this, especially because I was a very innocent, pure-hearted guy at age 17. Of course I wanted to prove myself (and my manhood I guess) because otherwise, I worried, she wouldn't be romantically interested anymore. So we went on that ride and I got terribly, terribly sick. I don't even know how I was able to hold it. It was a miracle. But as soon as the ride was over (which felt like an eternity), I got off, ran down the wooden stairs to the street and puked all over the place. There were tons of people standing around me and of course everyone yelled things like "Ewwww!" or "What the hell!" or "You're disgusting!". Then I looked up and what do I see? My crush staring at me like I was some sort of a demon. For a moment I hoped she would just laugh it off but pretty soon it became clear she wouldn't. She was very quiet for the rest of the afternoon and after that day, she only sporadically replied to my text messages, didn't pick up the landline phone anymore and eventually cut contact completely. I was heartbroken. But nowadays I can laugh about it ;-).

• Went on tower of terror in dosney world to impress my froend... im terrified of heights... i ended up squeezing her had so hard that she just moved her hand and let me have the grab rail to myself lol
    I got a kiss on the cheek tho... worth it? absolutely not

• You know I honestly never try to impress the opposite sex, to tell you the truth I've never really needed to. Normally I'm not paying much attention to them and or reading the news paper in a chair/bench and that seems to do the trick lol *shrugs* never understood it myself.

• You did nothing wrong brah!

• Talk to them :/