How does one get used to being 21?

I feel oooldd!

• You just do
  • You don't
  • Drink water from the fountain of youth
  • Eat babies so you get closer to being one yourself
3mo So GaG actually changed my age a day early. I just realized it's not my birthday yet lol

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion (and experience) there's really nothing to "get used" to. Aside from being able to legally purchase alcohol there is no difference.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• You don't.

By the time you get used to it you're 22 already, and so on.

• www.court-records.net/animationgk/miles-aha(d).gif

Realise that 21 is the last milestone for being considered "young" and now you are on the home straight to being 30...

• Pfffttt let me know when you've hit 25 and your in bed by 10 pm when you used to be able to party like no other.

• CONGRATULATIONS !!!

You'll get used to it as soon as you turn 22 xD

• Aging is a part of life. Trust me, I'd like to revert back to my younger years, but I can't, since I'm a human.

• ' youth is lost on the young'

enjoy it, for before you know it, you will be 30, then 40...

• Amazing how you expect to solve an open answer question with yes or no 😂😂😂

• Age seldom matters

• Just try not to think about mortality and impending death...

• yeah your a grandpa now hahaahahahah XD

• Yes drink until you're happy

• Just take solace in the fact that it gets worse.

You're supposed to make me feel better, not worse.

You'll feel better by enjoying being 21 for however much longer it lasts. One day you're 26 and you're wondering why the hell everyone around you at the pub or whatever is younger than you, then you stop going out and start doing adult non-sense. Like winery tours and film festivals. I'd much rather be getting shit faced drunk right now bumping to some Radiohead, but I'm watching the olympics, having a beer and just took my multivitamins. So trust me, enjoy it.

• Go to the bar. That's how I got used to it.

• Eat babies, it's the only way.

• You living life on the fast lane?

• I am wayyy older , learn from me ;)

• It's all down hill from now😱😠😨😥😰😤💔🙊🙈🙉

• That's nothing wait tell the day your little brother has a planned kid or the day your youngest cousin gers her drivers license or the day you stopped getting id at bars or worst of all the day you get your invitation to your 10 year high school reunion you just get use to it

• Then you must think I'm ancient (27)

• Wait til you hit 30. That's when you realize it's all grown-up from here.

What Girls Said 18

• you'll get used to being 21 around the time when you hit your mid 20s. and then you'll have a crisis. at least that's what i've noticed - so many girls freak out when they hit 26 because they're not longer in their early 20s. i'm about to turn 24 and i still don't think of myself as over 21 - i just think of myself as a teen who is somehow able to drink. don't feel very old yet. scare for when it hits me in 2 years at 26 loll happy birthday! enjoy your legal-ness :p

• Well happy almost birthday none the less!!

You go out and but ingredients for tasty beverages and then have a super fun weekend! Before you know it you'll be 22 anyway XD

• I turned 21 4 days ago and for some reason I'm living it well compared to when I turned 20 haha.
    I don't know, really I'm not scared of growing up, c'est la vie :))

• Realize it's just a number and it doesn't define you.

• You're only old if you go from shopping at Forever 21 to Century 21

• By drinking so much alcohol

I've been doing that since I was 17

Oh well that's what I wasn't expecting. How bout you go to Vegas and play poker and have a lot of dirty sex?

• Omg Happy Birthday! ❤️

#AugustBabiesRule 😎

• You never due but the drinking helps. :D

• You just do, young one. It can get pretty fun if you work on personal growth and enjoying life. Congrats on the leveling up!

• you don't
    try being 33 :)

• Your frontal lobe is developing 👏🏾👏🏾 Go out there and make some rational decisions 😄

• I've also heard bathing in the blood of virgins helps.

• I don't know I feel really old too!😟 I refuse to get old lol

• Run the poll again when you are 40. And have more baggage. No disrespect young one. But 21 should be the time of your life! Live it up!

• just accept it. it's no different from being 20

• 21 is not oldddd

• my 12 years old sister just said that 21 years is an old woman))

• Well, it's pretty much the last major milestone birthday and last time you'll receive a boatload of presents and cards lol. You can now get away with crazy sh*t for the sole reason that you're 21. I felt old at 21, too, but now I'm almost 24 and realize I was still a baby at 21. (And I'm sure people over 25 think I'm still a baby at 23. That's just how it goes.)

So, HBD and enjoy this year! The next big milestone will be 30, and I imagine at that point that you'll be freaking out about how much you think you haven't accomplished or how far ahead in life some of your friends are. :/

(Holy crap. I'm almost 24? Just realizing this. SHIT.)