Anybody know how to deal with severe anxiety?

I'm OCD, and im very anxious, I've felt depressed quite a lot and at the moment i am doing my best to fight it, to think of goof things, but my mind is in constant disorder and constant fight, i can't find ease and all i want is to feel good, enjoy life just as it is. If anyone has any advice, tips or activities that could help it would be great.

Most Helpful Girl

• OCD is a control disorder. You either feel that you have no control, or you fear not being in control. Under the direction of a licensed therapist, slowly attempt to face your fears by allowing others, that you know you can trust, to have control in some situations. I don't know know what OC's you may have, but try to fight them little by little and teach yourself that it's going to be OK! When you feel the urge to react to one of your triggers, just stop, force yourself to pause for a moment and ask yourself why you need to do it, and go through all the reasons why it's not the end of the work to wait. Right now, it controls you, and you need to gain control of it.

What Guys Said 3

• No I don't, I think it takes time and courage to overcome it

• 2 packs and a fifth a day

• They make drugs for that

yeah i know, meds are not the best option, took them, failed terribly

What Girls Said 9

• I have a Sibling who for years, Has Suffered very Bad Anxiety.
    However, she found the right Doctor who is Able to Prescribe the Right Meds, and with Some counseling, for Both go hand in hand, she is Able to get Back on the right Track.
    Good luck, hun. xx

• I have such an anxiety problem. I would say talk to your doctor first and you can get referred to a mental health specialist who can evaluate you and then you can see about getting medication. If you've already tried that or just need something else, find a hobby or activity that you enjoy and let your mind focus on that. I'm really into theatre, and so when I'm working on a show I can get pretty busy but it's a good busy. I'm more chill then. I also love reading and writing, sometimes I journal to get my thoughts down. It's like getting the thoughts out of my head and putting them on paper so I don't have to deal with them. Take deep breaths, tell yourself that everything is okay.

• Noisli. com
    listening to ambient sound like that calms my mind down so i can work on my hobbies. completing things throughout the day is the best thing to do for anxiety.
    The fan setting mellows out my heartbeat and i listen to it almost all the time especially at night or when im working.

• I usually have to leave the room or situation and breath in and out

• Seek professional help.

• Go see a doctor I've suffered from anxiety and depression on and off. Don't feel crazy. It's normal. It's a chemical imbalance ! I was prescribed Xanax for my anxiety it helped but the best thing to do is talk to loved ones about it and seek expert advice from a licensed physician

• Therapy.

• Go for a run

This worked really well,

its a release. better to put out more energy rather than let it float around and cause problems in ur head

• Avoid things that give you severe anxiety