Should I write a novel based on a dream I had?

okay so like a few weeks ago i had a dream but a really weird dream that didn't involve anyone that i knew or recognize. I basically didn't know the meaning of the dream or why i had that dream but it wasn't from my point of view like i saw it as a movie in my head and the dream had a strong meaning to it so instantly when i woke up i thought 'i should write a novel on this dream' but I don't know i feel like if i write this ill find the meaning of this dream in the future. im also a bookworm so maybe thats why i thought i should write one? I don't know , but should i write a novel based on my dream?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just start writing. Notes, story sections, ideas. Anything that comes to your mind from the dream.

Once you think you have all your idea down. Go over them and see if you can make a good story out of them.

Even if you can't, it could be fun and you will probably know if writing really interests you or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. JK Rowling did and now her series is a best seller.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• That's how jk Rowling came up with Harry potter so I don't see why not ;)

• Depends on what the dreams about and whether or not it's that good and whether people like that stuff.

• Uhm... could you explain what the dream was about first? I can't really answer the question until I know what the dream was 😂

• Let's hear it.