Would you say the British drinking culture is bigger than the American drinking culture?

Do people care more for alcohol in the UK compared to the USA?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol why is this even a question, almost every British teenager has experience what being passed out drunk feels like by the time Americans aren't even allowed to legally drink yet 😂

What Guys Said 11

• With American friends they think I'm a crazy alcoholic if I just have three glasses of whiskey. And they talk about things like getting a "buzz" from alcohol. With some of my British friends, we drink until we're all slurring out speech and think every girl in the bar is hot (far more than 3 drinks).

I don't really think America has much of a drinking culture besides like fraternities. Even the bars there limited the number of drinks you could order to some ridiculously low number like 6 or 8 drinks.

• I don't know much about American or British drinking culture, but I bet Australian drinking culture can compete with those! :P

• Definitely true. Im irish and I find the way brits drink amazing. Like they have a pint or two at lunch time and go back to work then drink after work. Sunday drinking as well like they have a session after church and fire the drinks back before the pub closes. Then there's the young women who drink like men until they are lying on the pavement. Last time I was in Ireland I noticed that irish drinking culture is dying off as the pubd and clubs are empty except for Saturday, it started with tge recession and continued with rising tax ob alcohol and the fact no one has money to waste.

• Most of the people commenting in this haven't lived in party houses and realized just how deep the drinking game goes in American culture. I can tell you that if Europe invented the drinking problem, america perfected it.

• M8... I can out drink any of you.

• I have no idea. I never drank with a brit or American before.

• Of course it is.

• i dont know really

• yup it is

• Brits are completely obnoxious fucking drunkards...

• Americans can't compete with Brits when it comes to drinking. Americans are weak.

What Girls Said 6

• The British. Definitely. Absolute piss heads who want nothing more than to get absolutely blotto and get a kebab. Drinking is a sport to the British.

• Americans tend to hide it more depending on the region where you are. I remember a village in Texas where people refused to sort garbage for environmental reasons, because then the neighbours could see they drank alcohol (and of course they were good christians)

• British people are so stupid with their whiskey and newspapers and cigars and stupid ass clubs where they smoke and drink and wear a tweed suit.

😂 this couldn't be further from the truth 😂😂

@Kaylyne yes that'd be hilarious if that happened like I'd love to watch it.

@outmyroom What wonderful worldwide mayhem those two could cause!
      It would without a doubt be the worlds funniest, most hilarious tv show ever! raoflmao

• I think the British do it with more class.

• British people have no chill

• Seems like it