This feminist thinks women should dress modestly so men will stop seeing them as sex objects. do you agree with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• I said it years ago alraedy to a friend. It would be hilarious if someone pretended to be a feminist blog, got a huge audience and then starting to say that abortion is part of the patriarchy so men can wringle themselves out of the responsibility and objectify women more by banging them more safely.

This video is pretty much the same principle - just a different topic. Hilarious. I love it. No matter if its satire or legit, its great.

What Guys Said 21

• i think women will always be viewed as sex objects by some regardless of what they wear. some men find women in business suits sexy. some find women in lingerie sexy. i'd be lying if i didn't say i saw some Iranian girl with a head covering and saw her eyes and didn't think man her eyes are so sexy.

• <-- this egalitarian thinks women should be able to wear what they feel comfortable with whenever they want. do I feel maybe circumstances should come into play and that maybe for certain outings etc etc a little more modesty would be needed? (like I don't know.. dinner with your boss or something if that should ever happen) Sure. There is nothing wrong with women showing skin if they are comfortable with it and there is nothing wrong with a woman who wants to be more modest. Why do we have to try and live up to other peoples standards?

• I just prefer conservative because I think it looks better and cuter (not a hijab but like not crop tops and short skirts and super low cut shirts and stuff like that). U can do what u want

• Typical feminist. Trying to tell other people what they can and can't wear.

Regressive bullshit at its finest.

• I think with most things there is a balance that should be strived for. Currently I think a lot of girls expose too much but the girl in the picture covers up too much.

Just my preference tho.

• I disagree with this. Just because a woman wants to show off some skin, doesn't mean she should have her humanity decreased.

• what i think or her is, your not feminist thinking this way, your ashamed of and shaming your beautiful female gender, guys love you females and desire sex with you. its normal, get used to it. if only women desired guys the same way, we won't have "feminist" issues with women.
    your body is made for bikinis, guys are not, there's no equal right here, so quit bringing yourself down to men to be equal. girls have power they just dont see it. or they have power but want more. aka power hungry.

• i dont care how people dress. people should have individual freedom to dress how they want, to provide protection while taking freedom is not okay in my book.

• Girls like dressing scantily for attention. From my experiences all women really want is attention and the feeling of being wanted or desired.

Sadly, most of the time they think dressing provocative is the only way to get the attention they desire.

• Women shouldn't be attacked for any reason. But so should any person not be attacked. But it happens, everyone is... or at least should be aware that attacks happen.

A woman wearing revealing clothing is comparable to anyone wearing flashy expensive attire. Does it excuse the attack, not at all. But even with a small amount of awareness, one should be aware of the danger they are tempting.

• why this open-minded only works in one direction
    you can't call her a whore if she is wearing mini-skirt
    ok , still you can't call her oppressed closed minded or anything if she is wearing niqab

why people are only smart in one direction?
    most of women who wear niqab wear it cause they think its liberation , if i dont understand this or dont like this its my issue not hers , people are so hypocrite about women

• I don't agree with her because is trying to limit other people's preferences. It's ironic what she is proposing.

• What is your definition of modesty? It is different with everyone...

• I mean dressing decent avoids unwanted attention If you look at history objectively.

• Generally people should dress modestly

• If all women everywhere did it at the exact same time, it could work. Women compete against each other and those who dresses modestly would be at a disadvantage.

• Its a grey area.

• no. but a muslim woman, i'd never listen to.

• I prefer when women wear as little clothing as possible.

• Such bullshit.

• If you're straight, it is natural to see the opposite gender as "sex objects". How else would we reproduce?

Oh yeah. Being objectified is so flattering. 😒

@snowangle So do we Snow.
      We think wow she's hot some times and if all you do is see them that's all you have to base them on.
      If you happen to get to know them though then there Claudia who loves halo and rock climbing is friendly person quite blunt yet intellectually brilliant.
      or she is jasmine from your flat who keeps teasing you about how long you spend in the shower, won't clean up after her self, drinks heavily and invites dis likeable guys over generally making you reconsider when it comes to renewing the lease.
      Or Taylor who has a princess complex.
      Or your other flatmates sweet wonderfully caring sister Sasha and her lesbian partner who you helped prepare a surprise birthday party for your flatmate.
      If they all looked the same you would easily fall for Claudia but like Claudia and Sasha as friends as well even if only ever frends but Taylor would make you role your eyes and jasmine would annoy the hell out of you.
      All fake names but based more on real people.

@snowangle how do you know what men are thinking when we see a hot woman?

What Girls Said 22

• Honestly, people will sexualize anything. At one point in time, ankles were risky to show. So really I don't think it matters whether someone is fully covered or is naked. They will be sexualized some how.

I think people should do what works best for them and makes them feel most comfortable.

• Nah. I as a feminist think women would dress however makes them comfortable (within reason of course lol. No showing privates). If men can't stop staring, that's their fault.

• Tried watching the video, but couldn't get through it because of those guys constantly interrupting with their stupid, irrelevant comments. So annoying.

I don't agree with her. I think women should feel free to dress modestly if they like, but they should also feel free not to. Plus, not every woman cares so much about the way other people see her. There's always going to be those who view you as more of a "sex object", but we all view each other in that way to some extent, it's just that most of us can view you as a person with your own dreams, struggles, and life at the same time. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

• I think that modern feminists have contradictory messages when it comes to this issue. I believe the real feminists are for THE LIBERTY and FREEDOM of choice of the woman whether she wants to cover or not.
    Forcing a woman not to cover (by not letting her wear a hijab for example, not a fan of the Niqab though, but it's not that popular anyways) is as BAD as forcing a woman to cover up. As simple as that.

• I'll do whatever this feminist says if she doesn't attack me. Nah that was a joke it's gonna get thumbed down tho cuz it's gonna trigger someone.

But I disagree girls can do what they want and not do something because guys can't stop staring. If anything it's guys who need to stop.

guys can do what they want too you know.

@snowangle yes i agree.

@snowangle staring is rude, however dressing inappropriately is as well.

• No, feminism is about having the choice to be modest or to be less clothed, its about having the choice to be a working mom or stay at home mlm, its about having the choice to do what you couldnt before. Saying you "cant this" "cant that" isn't feminism. Feminism is about choices, not lackthereof

• No i dont. This is like saying women get raped because they wear revealing clothing... Omg how long does it take to get people understand that this is victim blaming? Women can show sexuality and wear whatever they want. Its men that need to respect that. They need to be real men real gentlemen and real men don't rape. Real men appreciate women in beautiful and sexy clothing...

• People should be able to dress how they want, but can't really be mad how others respond to it. I believe if you dress provocatively then you don't mind the attention that comes with it. Of course men are always going to try and talk to you regardless of what you have on, but if you're out and about with the goodies hanging all out then men are going to respond to that accordingly. On the flip side, if you dress more modestly, you'll still get attention, it just won't be the same.

• Yes, it is one aspect of feminism.

• I agree with the speaker.

• That's how a lot of muslims see it. I disagree, a bad man will treat a woman as a sex object no matter what she's wearing.

• I'm such a girly girl to dress modestly all of the times

• i do not agree.
    It was cool seeing the evolution of the swim suit though.

• Yes, I agree.

• Lmao. I'm not even gonna watch the video. Seeing the pic is enough.

• What wrong with a bikini?
    If a girl wants to wear a bikini, let her wear it.

• I think everyone has the right to choose what they want to wear

• dumb bitch

• I strongly disagree with her. Feminism is about choice. Men who see women as sex objects based off of the way they dress have serious issues and should be ignored. We shouldn't dress accordingly to how men view us as..

you mean men who view women as sex objects based on a womens choice should be ignored.

• I want to kick her ass and I don't think she deserves to be called feminist

• That's her prerogative. People can share their opinions, but opinions shouldn't be laws, IMHO.

• Yes they should