Does God really care what we do?

For my religious & non religious friends out there, Does God really care what we do if its not hurting anyone. I want to move away from home but before that I want to take back my life, do stuff I want to do, I live a sheltered life I rarely got to go out and have fun when I was younger it was always about going to church and doing what the bible says.
I talked to my mother about what I wanted to do and she told me that I need to wait for God to see if its right or not, and I felt like why would he care if its not a sin, I want to live my life I don't wait till I am 35 to start living it either!
She says I need to wait till I get married then someone can help me, But I am not looking to get marrried I am to young for that. I am just confused about if I should follow my dreams or wait on god to it for me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe in god, I just don't believe in the church. Whatever incongruities are existent in religion are based on what people have decided the truth is about god. I mean come on? Condoms are a sin? That belief became a part of Catholicism at the same time the Crusades were going on and they needed more fighters, you do the math.
    The biggest thing most people are caught up about is the whole "how can a god that created the whole universe and cares for us all allow children to get cancer and people in Africa to starve" And I have to be honest, when my friend was diagnosed with cancer it definitely changed the way I looked at the world and it made me look hard at what it was I believed.
    I Think of god as a scientist. The universe itself is one massive experiment, and as he observes what is happening he must be careful not to interfere with the experiment in order to keep from skewing the results. That he does care about each person on the planet, and would like to make changes in how the world is, but helping a few people is not worth sacrificing the ultimate goal of the experiment. And if this is truly the case, and you were in that position, than a single planet in an entire universe of almost infinite size is not as important as the people living on it think. I believe that god created the universe for some experiment, and he watches as the universe expands infinitely out, carefully observing as life begins to form on certain planets, and watching as those being develop in order to see what they do, until eventually the universe stops expanding, and collapses back in on itself, and that he continues to watch as the next experiment begins. And while it seems contradictory to state that a being who knows everything would be conducting an experiment, I can only guess that the purpose would be to teach rather than to discover.

What about that scientist universe? Do you apply the same possibility?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see anything wrong with following your dreams, as long as they fit into following God if that is your choice. I don't understand her saying wait until marriage for you to follow your dreams or so someonr can help you. You don't need help in that area. I think she maybe means pray and make sure the direction you're going in is within Gods will. Because just as God has a path for our life, the devil does too, and he will paint it with all of your deepest desires. As for following your dreams, go for it. Lifr is too short to waste it. Chase them while chasing God. Can't go wrong doing it that way.

What Guys Said 8

• My advice is, respect your mother believes, but don't follow her word. : /
    Yes, it's sad, but she's basically transforming you into a doll, that's expected to be taken for some man someday... when luck knocks the door.

Be independent, turn ON your conscious, and see what you wish to give to the world, without following other's expectations.

But be always polite to your family.

• He does not care, it us up to us to make our choices and follow Christ if we wish to find salvation.(I am a christian)
    As long as you respect your mother I dont see a problem.
    That feeling you have moving out is totally natural.
    Sometimes God works through us and makes us feel these things.
    If you are not hurting anyone, you should move out. Just make sure you are prepared and so is your mother. When a child leaves her mother, it can be very hard for the mother to adjust.

• its only a sin if you dont live your life, and use religion as an excuse to not follow your heart. gods are not going to do things for you, you have to choose your own path in life.

• no, jesus was changing water into wine and god didn't care his son was doing magic. but eventually he had to go back though.

• I dont believe in god, But if i were a believer i dont believe one super powerful entity would trouble his/her self over the actions of one insignificant person.

• I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell one way or another.

• No he doesn't that's why he let me run for president and embarrass myself.

• There are no proof that there even is a "real" god that exists. It's all blind faith. And since there is nothing concrete and credible to verify that and any kind of gods are "real" and "exists" then there's also absolutely no proof and nothing credible whatsoever to verify that any of them had actually ever even cared about any of us and cared about what any of us do. They might exist but they simply just don't care and not involved at all with any of our affairs anymore. If so, why even waste any time on following any of it, unless it really does bring you any sort of inner calm, peace or comfort? If it continues to bring you comfort, inner peace and calm, then fine, continue to believe what you really want to believe.

The moment you begin to question is when you begin to doubt. You start to doubt if you should just follow and just believe because someone else had followed and just believed. But do you just want to continue to always follow without ever questioning if what you are following is really for you?

In the end, it's entirely on you to decide what you absolutely want to do with your life, as no one else can make any of those decisions for you. And even if they could and did, then do you absolutely believe you would be happy with their decisions made entirely for you?

It's much easier to know what we absolutely do not want compared to what we really want.

What Girls Said 0