What are you supposed to say at a job interview when they ask why you want to work here?

If you say "for a paycheck," they won't like you very much.

Most Helpful Girl

• Smile and be Polite and Show them an Enlightening Personality that it Isn't Always about The... Paycheck.
    "I feel I would be a great asset here, if given a chance to prove myself, sir/ma'am.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• Do some research on the company before attending the interview, and then highlight whatever you liked about the company as reasons for working there.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• You have to say something where it appears that you are a team player or you are passionate about the job

• Explain how you want to apply your skills to help the company succeed and grow. And build new skills along the way so you become a better employee in the future.

• They want to know you have a general interest in the company and might actually enjoy the job and you're not just there for the money and going to not care about what you're doing (even though that's always the real reason).

• "ends-meet to support my family and self."

"To be able to continue with my education in [major/interest]"

• Google the company, and find out why they are unique. Repeat that information.
    As a bonus, when they ask :do you have any questions fore?" Ask them why they like working there.

• They dont like that because they think their company is special but its not