Tell me something good about the world, I'm depressed and need it?

3mo bump

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry man :'( <3

Good things: that you will be able to feel good again, what you're going through now isn't forever. That you are cared about and there will always be people who want to help you. People you can tell the truth to about how you feel and they'll accept you and want to stay with you to get you through. The internet lets us reach out to people we wouldn't know otherwise. There are cool shows you haven't seen yet and games you're going to enjoy one day. Cuddles. Cats. Your favourite foods. Orgasms. Chrysalism (that feeling when it's raining hard outside but you're safe and cosy indoors and can enjoy just listening). That you have a talent for writing (even if you don't feel like it now and your mind feels foggy, that talent is still there <3 ). Relaxing into a comfortable sleep after a long day. Music. Feeling all clean when you've just showered and got dry and changed into pjs. That millennials by averages are far less prejudiced and more accepting of diversity than our parents' and grandparents' generations; it seems like we're progressing to be a more loving society.

*hugs you tight* (with your consent) I hope this could help, even marginally. And that you feel much better really soon <3

Most Helpful Guy

• You are young and have your whole life ahead of you... I'm old and and the time is passing by too fast for me... There is someone out there that needs you you justt have to find that someone...

What Girls Said 48

• The Holland Rainbow Rose and other perennial flowers that grow back every single year
    cdn.shopify.com/.../Rainbow_Seads_grande.png

Photoshopped duh a thing as beautiful as that can't possibly exist

ahha maybe. wow I've never seen this... cool af

bought these a few years ago. it is really really cool. a horticulturalist i know actually showed me how you can do it yourself by germinating the seeds and then before potting them putting the roots in various food dyes. the roots soak up the colored water and you get an almost tie-dye effect

• Puppies exist.

• There's kittens and puppies. Watch baby elephant videos.

Or this!
    https://youtu.be/O8F_y3CCwcE

Sorry Waffles the question closed before I could say anything. One thing I want to suggest is to get contact info of the friends you made here, and don't come on this site as often (or completely). GaG does make you unhappy, some people on here are abosuletly fuckin' toxic, they get a kick out of getting a hurt reaction from other users. So they can tell that person how much of an "wimp" they are, for being "hurt".

Second, happiness can come from many different things in life. It can come from family, friends, products (buying things for yourself), school, job, etc.. You need to figure out what works for you. It's not so easy peasy, I know. But if you tried and never gave up, you will achieve something.

@IntradouchingMyshelf very wise words

• If You Love and Believe in God and Accept His Only Begotten Son as your Personal Savior, You shall never Perish One day but have Life Ever after, through the Bad in which is to Come, hun.
    Good luck and Great One, @Waffles731. xx

I wish he would kill me

@Waffles731 Please, see anew doctor who can best assist you so you can get and grab on to a Better outlook in life. xx

• Hearing a lament of a depressed person makes me cry every time. Sir, you are important. You matter. You are still breathing. You are thriving and will be thriving as a human being in the future.

There are still people dear to your heart and you're also dear to theirs. They would hate seeing you depressed :(

You are not alone. Here we are, Gag people, sympathizing with this circumstance of yours :)

Wherever in the world we may be, fellowship would always prevail. All of us are leaving legacies, remember that. We have been the aftermaths of the past and we are currently undergoing changes. Yes, that is sort of disheartening but we have our peers for relationships.

• This was just on my facebook, haven't looked at it yet.
    Maybe it will help.
    www.buzzfeed.com/.../arise-heart

Things that are known goods-there's some little old man out there that really loves his grandkids and gives them wise stories that they learn from and remember 50 years later.
    Someone saved a kangaroo from death as it was stuck in a hole. There are people like that everywhere, random people who will go out of their way to help animals and people (this woman was saved from being swept away in a flood a few weeks ago)
    Also, think of the vastness of the universe, I like looking at the clouds and imagine the sun heating me (sometimes too much) and try to think about how far away it is, how big it is, how big the universe it, and how out of all the odds, I'm alive and conscious and that's really a unique thing, to be born a human (the dominant species) and be able to even think that or have been born.

• There's an animal outside of our species that will literally stay by your side and attack any large foe or shadow creature that it believes will harm you, even if that creature just be a bag flying through the breeze or a giant grizzly bear. That creature doesn't speak your language, look like you, or even understand half of what you're saying/doing, but it will still love you, depend on you, trust you, and try to keep you safe and happy. (Dogs)

There was a garbage man who would wave to a little girl every single day he picked up garbage, and she thought of him as a friend. She even drew him a picture and I believe gave him a cupcake on his birthday (Or the other way around, can't remember which).

There are people who travel all across the world helping complete strangers with issues that wouldn't affect themselves had they not gone to help in the first place, but they continue to help those strangers for no profit to themselves.

Anyone who dies will eventually become a part of the earth, and trees or beautiful flowers will spring up from where they were buried, making the world more beautiful even if they did nothing at all in their lives to benefit anyone else or nature.

• There was a little girl who went to church and the church was small, and there were some kids who were not able to get into the church because it was too small. The little girl felt sad for the other kids. She got really ill and finally died. She left a small treasure chest under her bed. In it was a few coins and a Letter. The letter she wrote said, please use this money to buy a bigger church so all the kids who were not able to come can come. With the money and the idea, that church sold their church and bought a larger church. Now all the little boys and girls who were not able to come, can now come. Love changes the world, one small person can make a difference.

The real events are different but still inspiring actually
      http://www.snopes.com/glurge/57cents.asp
      This anecdote has all the elements an inspirational tale needs: a little girl who saved her pennies after being turned away from a church that had no room for her, a stranger who was inspired by her story to offer his land to the church at some very favorable terms, and a benefactor who contributed $10,000 so that the church could buy the property outright instead of carrying a mortgage. But because Dr. Conwell was akin to what today would be termed a "motivational speaker," he altered and embellished his tales (including this one) at will to better suit his audience and get across the lessons he wanted to impart.
      Its still a beautiful real life story though

Oh I randomly read it in a book called highlighted in yellow but I understand the telephone game concept. The main message is very moving.

• Whenever I am feeling depressed, I watch cute animal videos or fail videos. Makes me feel better about my life :)

Also August is almost half-over, which means it's almost time for Halloween, which means there is lots of candy in stores right now! Which is just a great excuse to buy some! :)

• There's an elderly man in my neighborhood who probably used to be a higher cause he's always in running shorts no matter what season and he comes out twice a day to feed all the local stray cats and kittens. Sometimes he brings toys and plays with the kittens too. I think there are like 10 in total now but he never fails to take care of them everyday. Even when it snows he's out there twice a day to feed them. I think it's so sweet and thinking about the elderly man and all the stray cats he befriended reminds me that there's still light in the world.

• A human chain was created to save a woman from flooding in waters
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xzYn_ts0ITc

A man risk his life to save a dog
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uu76EeAS1M

Hope those helped :)

To me that just shows how stupid people are. A dog? really? It will just die in 10-15 years anyway. Hope the human chain got to at least run a train on the woman they saved.

• -Rain falling down and gently gliding down your skin, soothing, purifying, and cleansing the soul.
    -The feeling of the wind. The breeze gently brushing along your skin and through your hair, making you feel at peace and releasing your despair.
    -Experiencing snow falling from the sky in its purest form, it's silent, yet so peaceful. How it finds its way ever so gently to land. You play in it, its cold temperature excites your senses.
    -The oceans salt water healing your wounds, being near the tide and feeling the water run through your toes, seagulls are calling out to one another, you feel at home.

Oh and food, you can't forget that. Food is nice.

• Last night I dropped a friend off at the train station. I waited with her until her train took off. When I got back to my car, it wouldn't start. I had no idea why. It was perfectly fine driving to the station but I guess the battery just died. And no, I didn't have the car on while I waited with her.

But anyways, it was pretty late, about 11. I don't have AAA so I was pretty lost as to what to do. But 3 strangers from different cars helped me. One provides the cables, another the car to jump start my battery and another had a flashlight so we could see what to do.

So yeah, they didn't need to help me. I didn't ask them. But they see I was stuck and distressed and volunteered to help.

So grateful! So don't lose hope! There are good people out there!

• Babies, puppies, kittens, nature (as vicious as it is nurturing), movies, books, creativity, hope.

barkpost.com/.../...lr_mbl5larwCV1qdoqhwo1_500.gif

• The news only likes to sensationalize bad stories, all you have to do is go out with your eyes open to see the good in the world.

in5d.com/.../...06671212_3122446993811477693_n.jpg

• You're made of billion year old carbon, you're made of stars. When your body dies you'll go back into the earth and in a million years you may once again be a star, or maybe another person, or part of a spaceship exploring the universe. You will never stop being energy travelling through time and space. Personally I find the thought beautiful and comforting.

• There is so much to see. The badlands. Scotland. Romania.
    www.terragalleria.com/.../badl25364.jpeg

Pizza. Every breakfast item out there. Greek and Mexican chow.

Classic rock.

My coworker. Today he gave his shoes off of his feet to our homeless patient.

Children. They are so full of selflessness and kindness. They have this overwhelming desire to help everyone just becausr they are overflowing with love for their neighbor.

Every breath that you take. Every heartbeat. Every second you are given is a gift and a chance.

And everything @Paris13 said.

Feel better and keep your head up. Every storm runs out of rain.

Thank you, @@Rocket_Queen, and I have been to Egypt when I had Married a Muslim Man out there, and we rode the Camels all over the wonderful Pyramids and it was like Dream.. So beautiful.
      There is so much Out There to Share and thank you again, hun. xxoo

Sorry but I don't buy that spiritual bull crap that's mostly wishful thinking. Most likely there is no afterlife of any sort. Even if there were and god were real then he's obviously either a sadistic prick that revels in everyone's misery or simply doesn't have the power to fix everyone's problems like everyone wants to think. Either scenario makes him useless to me, fuck eternity if I'm stuck in his presence forever. Dunno which would be worse; being stuck forever in a room with him or any of my exes.

@fuqthegovt again, your choice. That will be between you and him when you get there, whether you believe in it or not. Take care brother.

• You're still here, which means you still have a chance to be something good in this world.

• Funny people exist...

https://youtu.be/GASuFHKzCHc

• Microsoft Research And MIT Create Smart Tattoo That Can Control A Phone. If they succeed with making that then the possibilities of what something like that can do is endless.

www.appy-gamer.com/.../ArticleWeb.aspx

• Two good things about you: Haven't really talked to you in depth, but you seem like a really cool guy :) and you just made it to Guru!
    One good thing about the world: There are some *really* pretty butterflies <3
    distractify-media-prod.cdn.bingo/1534452-980x.jpg</a>

• Imagine visting the country~!

• Possibilities are endless, and never out of reach.

• I'm really depressed too today :(

• 0|1
  • No other world has broccoli, pancakes, and... waffles! I'm not sure though. :D

Seriously, just come out of your abode and look around you. Or look at the mirror.

• I'm in it. 😁 no really, I'm a good person with a huge heart, and I live in the world. 💕

• You. Puppies. Chocolate!! The smell of burning wood. Hugs. Cuddling on a rainy day. Flowers. The laugh of a baby. Clean warm sheets. Music. The fact that there are people who love you and don't know who you are. The idea of meaningful dreams. Kisses on the neck. Dancing ridiculously

• More from Girls
    18

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 39

• Go somewhere, do something. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! TAKE ACTION! JUST DO IT!

What do you normally do for fun that at least distracts you enough so you don't concentrate so much and focus on your unhappy and depressed moods? C'mon, I'm sure there's something.

You could always drink lots of booze or something and get drunk, as that's the most cliché way to deal with any and all miseries, great amounts of unhappiness but keep in mind you can't stay drunk forever and drown out those unhappy thoughts. The same goes for any other kinds of addictions, or substance abuse.

But tell me, what exactly are you willing to do?

What exactly are you depressed or really unhappy about currently?

I'm sure we all have our fair share of miseries and melancholies.

Reality will always be miserable. Suffering is inevitable and completely unavoidable forever. Boredom IS Suffering or part of it anyway. If you were never bored or never capable of ever being bored then you would probably never had even bother to do anything or try anything at all. Without suffering, the "pleasurable", "fun, or "good" things probably would have been redundant and irrelevant a long time ago.

You'll be alright.

That is unless you are really thinking and feeling really really deep, dark and unhappy want to just give in and hurt or end your own life, then if that's the case, you are gonna have to go seek professional help, as neither me or anyone else here would be qualified to help you in that case.

• that in this world of billions of people there are random strangers (on a website) who are willing to reach out and help someone much like yourself. That there is still good on this earth and there are those of us who would like to foster good in others, whether that be good feelings or good morals. We want to leave as many people happy as we find for we know not what they go through, you being one of them good sir! There will always be people who are willing to reach out and help, so long as you merely ask for it.

• At any moment you can decide that this is the moment you're committed to changing your life. At any moment you can start the process of becoming the person you want to be.

Most people lose focus. They defer their desires to another moment in the future. You can't be tempted, because the future is scarce. Your time is limited. Pay your dues now, and future rewards will be greater than you can possibly imagine. Your life experience can change dramatically, you just need to travel to a new frontier, emotionally, intellectually, and physically.

Once you get there, this will all make sense.

• There is no other place in the universe where Skyrim exists.
    i.kinja-img.com/.../18j16ohq721mqjpg.jpg

that game will suck away sooooooooooooooo much time until you beat it. It works if you like PC games :)

@Unit1 Steam says my current Skyrim character has cost me 191 hour over the past 5 months. To say nothing of my previous characters.

And I haven't even defeated Alduin yet.

I have once. And it took quite a lot of grinding and time.
      I'm also not very far from defeating Alduin with my second character :)

• I love the fact that if we all want something enough we can make it happen. We can all capture our dreams.

I was a bit depressed and feeling a bit unmotivated recently but I've made some changes. I'm doing better now by changing my life path a bit. My life won't be traditional but it will allow me freedom of movement which will make me happy. Anyway, focus on what makes you unhappy and replace it with what makes you happy. That's what works for me.

• We are slowly but surely becoming more intelligent, responsible, compassionate and empathetic/tolerant as a race.

We can find and talk to likeminded people anywhere in the world.

Cancer and many other previously incurable diseases are now treatable and survivors exist.

Internet porn, nauseatingly cute animal pictures and the ability to virtually travel the world without leaving the house exist.

Ideas, literature, art and music are more accessible than ever before.

The GaG community exists, which you are a part of.

• I am currently in depression too.

What could keep me occupied would be a steady job (which I have not), hence I am tirelessly applying for jobs and am unemployed for 7 months now. If I can keep myself occupied with a steady job and get paid, that would be great. I miss the times when I got my own paycheck.

Other than that, I follow my hobbies to distract myself: PC Games, science, GAG and wanking to porn (be gone you anti-porn people!). That's just me.
    Whatever works for you, you will have to discover it for yourself. The point is, it involves some kind of activity by your side.

What kind of work do you look for in iceland

Europe

Not exactly.
      I'm not giving away my position.

• Nothing lasts forever, even the bad times.

• Did I tell you that my daughter was dating a boy with a wooden leg?

As long as he doesn't have a wooden penis, ouch, bad spot for splinters.

• Alright

We know so much about it and can explore so much of it, yet we still have so many more places to go

This is actually one of the most peaceful centuries

There are so many memes and jokes to observe

All the retarded males and females on GAG are bitter virgins and know little to nothing about how the world around them works

• funnyasduck.net/.../...voices-in-my-head-comic.jpg
    It's the little things in Life that make you the happiest.

• Have a look at some of these pics, and forget your worries... the world is beautiful :D
    http://fullhdwall.com/nature-backgrounds.html

• God is great
    Beer is good
    People are crazy
    Country song but it's the truth can't let the actions of other people get to you and realize there are some fucked up people out there we witness that here on GaG lol.

• When I feel tired and my dog feel it and comes and try to comfort me

When people work hard and come back home and feel blessed with thier partners

When we mercy the people who are less lucky than us

• More treatments and cures for illnesses are being discovered now than at any time in history. We are living in a golden age for medical research.

• There are a lot of sexy chicks out there ;D

• It's large and full of things to do. I'm not sure why your depressed but I've been there. Usually I just sleep it off, that helps a little

• Human societies tend to perfection.
    As such, in a few million years, if a cosmic event doesn't erase us from the map, utopia is a statistical guaranty.

• It has good songs like Lili Marleen.

• You're living in Earth's time where Star Wars has been created. You must be happy.

• There are always people like me who have it worse ;)

• i've always found solace in music. listening to it or playing it

also friends and family

• Thank God the sun rises and sets. A new day can be just the good news you need sometimes.

• Nothing will be good until we overthrow the satanic powers that control the earths money supplies and banks and rid these satanic agents from earth

• Your an immortal being. One day you will escape this hell.

• Non profit charity organizations. Video games, money, cats, dogs, food, boobs. Now that I think about it that's why I don't blame anyone who kills themselves I mean its all useless in the end sine eventually we are all gonna die and it will be like you never existed.

• There is enough beauty. You just need to open your eyes and look.

But when your mindset is being negative, you will naturally pay more attention to all the negative events

• If you wanna get an immediate boost of happiness, leave this site

There are people on here who have really helped me believe it or not.
      @blonde401
      @Victorianne when she was here
      @riggers
      @ginny_weasley

❤️ Always here for you dude!

I don't argue that. I've met cool people on here. However, the amount of cool and/or intelligent people is virtually nonexistent compared to the amount of retardation and horse shit opinions. I've been on minimally for the past 2 weeks and I've felt way better

• Sometimes good things are behind bad things

• The world has nothin' left for u nor meh. Lets close our eyes and say goodbai to this cruel world that we live in 😭😭😭

• More from Guys
    9