Do you judge people based on their job?

if someone is a waitress/waiter, sales associate, nanny etc do you think they have no goals? versus someone who's a teacher, manager, reception etc versus someone who's a doctor, lawyer, engineer etc. what if they are happy with that job are you okay with that?

3mo i mean the person you are dating are getting married to
3mo or what if they work in the adult industry or work as Poop Stirrer

Most Helpful Guy

• I try not to because you don't know where that person is in their life - what led up to them being here and where they plan on going next.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont judge because not everyone wants to be a teacher, lawyer or doctor. What I look for is someone who works period! a lot of people dont work, dont bother to look for work or quit after a day or two. As long as you have a job you are alright.

What Guys Said 13

• I don't judge

• Hell no... you got a job to do... so what? I won't judge you if you're a garbage collector or a doctor... if I'm dating you be sure it's for you...

• Met people that worked shitty jobs for most of their lives. They just werent lucky enough but had a lot of potential. One day they became succesfull. So I dont really judge people on their job, I judge them based on their interests.

• No. A job is a job. Whatever they do is fine with me.

• I don't but woman usually do, especially when they are thinking about a future with someone , they don't want to struggle later on

so you don't want someone who's on the same level of success as you or greater than you? you rather the two of you struggle?

I usually make the most and sure it would be nice if she made the same so we wouldn't struggle but if she doesn't have a really good job I won't hold it against her, she could always do better later if we do become more than just someone I'm dating

• i'm not a woman. i dont plan to leech on someone. i have a path and a carreer of my own to care about. not to care about others carreers... .

never said you were a woman... but you wouldn't want someone who's just as successful as you or greater than you? or you rather struggle?

That's a sexist comment. They're are plenty of men who are leeches.

@Bigclit you are welcome
      @Dee8774 boohoohoo. i'm a sexist chauvinistic pig. so what sugar?

• I do not really judge a person's job, except the adult industry would be a deal breaker.

Poop stirrers are okay, though :) Just they need to do their own laundry :)

• No I don't

• Id rather be a sales associate than a high school teacher. Because i still have options. A high school teacher has already settled on being a loser for life.

lol why is a teacher a loser?

a teacher teaches and so does a professor... lol

Okay, thats why I specifically said high school teacher in my original comment.

• well ya but not necessarily in a negative way.

• Nope not at all.

• it does not depend on their job if one likes/loves them, and what their person is like.

• i do judge people. all in all what can a ordinary waiter achieve?

What Girls Said 12

• No. I don't judge someone for what they do.

Just recently I've had someone judge me for what I do and I found it extremely entertaining. Especially shooting them down and making them realise that it's all well and good to get an attitude over an assumption but when it's shattered, you just look like an ignorant, moronic, selfish twat.

• No. I don't judge. A person who has drive and passion for their job is more important than their profession. A mechanic may love cars and that's his passion, a lawyer may love helping people, a teacher may love teaching and mentoring. A waitress may be supporting a child as a single mom who is starting over after a bad relationship but when married was the PTA president, volunteered for charities and kept a spotless home. A stripper may be in medical or law school. Not everyone that is ambitious and driven is a CEO, Doctor, lawyer, etc. If they're happy with what they do, who cares what they do.

Don't judge someone for their career. Although, if they were a criminal, professional gambler, mobster or worked in pornography, I personally, would not get involved with them because it's not something I want to be associated with. Although I have the highest respect for policeman, I won't date a cop. The worry of him not coming home one day because their job is so dangerous. As far as a teacher, lawyer, waitress, doctor or salesman, it doesn't matter, it's an honest living.

• Nope, I've been both a teacher and a nanny. Gotta say both are tough jobs and doesn't mean you lack education, goals, ambition, etc...

• I dont judge people for their job

• If they are happy that's fine but if they are settling for it, that's not.

• I don't judge anyone based on their jobs...
    My father once told me he used to have a job about thirty years ago to count how much cars pass the street on a daily basis.

• I won't be friends with anyone in the porn industry. However, I am incapable of judging others by their jobs, someone has to do it. Any man I'm with will be successful, therefore I really don't care who I date.

• hm if you're dating it doesn't matter but if we're thinking about getting married and starting a family it'll be hard to do that if you have a job as a waiter/waitress. It doesn't matter but to be realistic to raise a family you need more money and that means a better job

• If you are happy with what you do and are independent I wouldn't care about what your occupation is.

• No, I don't

• No I don't judge

• hm i think it matters a little bit but if they are happy why not