Why do people support transgenders so much?

This is a problem in America, it's growing and growing. Why do people support transgenders? I have a relatively high I. q. 115-130ish could be higher though I believe. I'm very open and understand a lot of things. I just don't understand transgenders, I can see cross dressers but come on changing your gender? Whenever I try to debate people their main argument is "That's there opinion, everyone has a different opinion. That's what makes America America." I'm sorry this line is wrong on so many levels. You can't have an opinion on your gender, you're born with it. There's some things in life for can't have an opinion on. Your gender is one of them. Anything is something that can be proven wrong. An opinion has multiple sides to it not just one. I hate ignorant people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm very open-minded but I just think I there's something mentally wrong with someone that wants to change their sex (even though you can't). I think it's due to gender norms and pressure to be a certain way that's confusing to people at an early age.

Yes! People tell me I'm not open minded because I don't like transgender people. Yes because since I don't like people with mental disorders I'm an ignorant close minded idiot. Lol today's America is soft and not how it used to be.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would argue transgenderism is a mental disorder based on genetics and the womb. (So basically something happens in the womb and influences transgenderism to take place. The "something" is still unknown.)

The psychology textbooks also will claim that there are two things to consider as far as gender identification. There is biological gender and sexual identification. Biological is the one you can't change-- it's based on chromosomes and DNA. You are right in this matter-- one can't change that. It doesn't matter whether or not you get surgery. Sexual identification is based on mental feelings. I. e. One feels like a man but is a woman.

As far as mental disorders go, however, I think transgenderism is relatively tame. Likewise, trying to force someone to "snap out of it" or whatever is wrought with high levels of suicide and emotional distress. Gender identification, from what evidence has been gathered so far, is not a learned function. It's biological.
    Check out David Reimer ("Dr. Money and The Boy With No Penis") https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer
    From that, purposefully forcing their biological gender on them as a society has a good chance of being responded to with increased suicide rates.

I think that's the underlying reason why society encourages em. It's similar to reasons why one is accepting of homosexuality. The reasons to discourage transgenderism (i. e. a general sense of tradition, what makes sense in our heads) are outweighed by the reasons to accept transgenderism (i. e. high suicide rates otherwise, they aren't particularly harming anyone else)

Now, while I encourage acceptance of transgenderism, supporting transgenderism I believe is going too far. (Supporting as in vaguely encouraging transgenderism to take place. Like the whole Jenner incident where she was regarded as some sort of heroic, brave symbol.)

Encouraging is likely to met with false cases-- people who identify as transgender but are really not. (Like I heard Bruce/Cait Jenner is regretting his/her transition, but he/she can't go back to what was once there.) If people delude themselves, they are met with high rates of suicide. The numbers are especially high if they go through irrevocable surgery for it... That's also why they often have intense screening before people go through surgery.

In any case, I can understand your sentiment, but would disagree for a good portion.

What Girls Said 15

• Yes, everyone is born with a gender. However, there are some whose physical gender doesn't match the gender they feel like they have on the inside.

Changing genders allows the person to fulfill their life being who they truly are, and spend the rest of their lives pretending. For some, it actually allows them to be happy.

I don't have a problem with any transgender people.

Here let me give you an example of what you're trying to say: Let's say a guy was born and when he's an adult he has a 5 inch penis. He wants an 8 inch penis but he was born with a 5 inch one. He can either A) Be a normal person and except the fact his penis is only 5 inches, or B) be like a transgender, and say "My opinion is my penis is 8 inches." Now he could either choose option A like almost EVERY person that is living and has ever lived or choose option B, get encouraged to share an "opinion" that makes absolutely no sense. Do you understand now that you can't choose your sex, gender, family, life to some extent. It's what and how life is and always has and will be.

No my example is not irrelevant to what you're saying, it's actually spot on. You're too biased to see because of how stupid my example is, it's more stupid with transgender. Say he's going through life and he's unhappy because of his 5 inch penis, and the only thing that would make him happy would be to have an 8 inch. He's gone through his whole life feeling like his lenis wasn't his because it's so small. It's the same stupid example that means that same as transgenders. It's very dumb to encourage that behavior.

Being a bit sad about having a slightly smaller sized penis is not comparable to emotions someone has thinking that they should belong to the opposite gender. Growing up thinking that somehow you are different. Feeling isolated, lonely, confused and worried. The extremely high suicide rates even prove this. Thousands attempt to take their lives each year as a result of not feeling like they can be themselves. Or through getting bullied to such an extent, they no longer feel like it's worth living. And saying to everyone that it's 'wrong' and is something that shouldn't be encouraged is extremely sad and very worrying indeed.

• So your disgusting ass says you have an IQ of "115-130" but you don't understand being transgender? I don't think anyone that hasn't gone through it will understand it. Hell, I never will, but it doesn't disregard from the fact that it must be some sort of actual thing. Gender isn't something you're born with, your box with a sex. Gender is how you feel on the inside. You can say you're male brained, or female brained, your mind is a mind. We're human, even animals are smart, doesn't mean we think like them. Everyone has their own identity, you should learn how to accept it.

• Mmmmhmmm. I should direct you to a question I asked...

• Who cares? Why not to support them? If they want to throw so much money away then why not. And it is such American and Western European problem. In Russia, if you want to have op then you gotta think and remember that you don't make shit.

• I do not care if they are transgender or not. If they are nice and not trying to harm me. They are fine with me.

• Applaud to you < 3

• Not all people support them. Tbh I don't understand it and I don't feel like having a debate over something I can't comprehend.

I'll just leave this gif here
    media.giphy.com/media/IskT8r3hISdHO/giphy.gif

• Gender Dysphoria is a real thing, but not easy to get rid of tho.
    It's better to be happy to be yourself, than to be sad and conform to society's standards. 'Pretending' that you don't have it, can lead to depression and suicide.
    Not everyone supports it, but personally I don't have a problem with transgenders.

Ah never said it wasn't a real thing. "Gender dysporia" is a mental disorder, needs to be fixed and corrected not encouraged.

Maybe it is personality affecting me. Why musy you assume? You just look like an ass. Transgenderism is a mental disorder. Surgery hasn’t been a solution with the suicide rate 20 times that of others. The experts say 70-80 percent of the children who experience gender confusion will lose that feeling as they mature. It deserves understanding and treatment – but is NOT normal.

Nah, I'm not an ass. I just keep shit real.
      Also, normal is boring dude.

• Although I don't agree with it, it's not my place to dictate what another person does with their body. They're not harming anyone, so just let them live they way they want. That's how I see it.

• Why do you care? If they identify as the opposite gender or no gender, why is it any of your business. It's not your life and it doesn't hurt anyone.

Kind of is my life when I have to see them around, make my kids learn about this stupid 2016 talk about transgenders, allow the opposite sex to use the others rest room. It's a mental disorder, it needs to be corrected.

None of their business either. How often do you really hang out in public restrooms?

• Because they are people just like we are and they want to be accepted just like we do. We don't and can't understand everything they go through and every thing they are feeling but if we do not try, it does not help anyone.

Serial killers, rapists, and pedophiles are all people like we are and I'm sure they want to be accepted as well just like we do. We don't and can't understand everything they go through and everything they are feeling but if we do not try, it does not help anyone. I mean come on, that's the pussies argument I've heard. If you have a mental disorder then they should be Instatutionalisd and not encouraged. Every other form of mental disease is not encouraged, and is either looked down upon, or trying to be corrected. Why not be the same for this mental disorder?

I don't have time to be insulted today. I have a lot of things I need to accomplish. Bye.

Exactly. You know I'm right.

• Don't that I'm disagreeing but people have there own opinion on there hair color and eye color which we are born with as well. I can see your reason for questioning you just need a better defence when it comes to a topic like this.

Hair color is only an opinion because it's something that can be dyed, such as clothes. Eye color cannot be changed unless you go through a very dumb eye surgery that could easily cause you to go blind. That's not natural. Let's say a guy was born and when he's an adult he has a 5 inch penis. He wants an 8 inch penis but he was born with a 5 inch one. He can either A) Be a normal person and except the fact his penis is only 5 inches, or B) be like a transgender, and say "My opinion is my penis is 8 inches." Now he could either choose option A like almost EVERY person that is living and has ever lived or choose option B, get encouraged to share an "opinion" that makes absolutely no sense. Do you understand now that you can't choose your sex, gender, family, life to some extent. It's what and how life is and always has and will be. People think anyone can have an opinion about anything. That's false. Some things you can't have an opinion on. Gender is one of them.

Color contacts is entirely different than changing your eye color. In whose right mind is putting contacts in that are only made to be in for 18ish hours at a time that same as permanently getting your body changed. Just because "something can be done through modern medicine" doesn't give someone the right to actually do it. We can do almost anything with modern technology. Look at it this was I CAN rob a store, it would be stupid to do so, just as well as being a transgender. It's through* by the way, any good points to why you encourage transgenders? Or are you gonna keep posting irrelevant ones that mean nothing, lol.

Nothing anyone says will change your opinion on the whole transgender thing.

It's just something both you and I will never understand no matter how much research we do on the topic. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it is going to stop happening. After this question closes out people are still going to have the surgery. It's the world we leave in now.

• Are they threatening you? If not, let them live their life.

• Assuming you are a man look at it this way, you are standing in front of a mirror looking at your body. You have all the female parts, all your life you were told you were female. But something doesn't feel right. Whenever you look in the mirror you feel as if you're looking at someone elses body. Your boobs aren't yours and neither is your vagina, because inside you are a man. On the inside you hate everything about your body and the way people view you. Being referred to as "Ms" just doesn't sound right. You want to be a "Mr." Think about spending every day hating the body that you are in, hating the life you are living, hating yourself because you were born in the wrong body. Think about all the negative attention from other people when you tell them this. Think about wanting to kill yourself because you are a man living in a woman's body. You don't have to understand it, but you should at least respect it. Not every transgender person relates their outside appearance to their genitals, a woman can live the life of a man without ever getting surgery. It does so much more deep than "I want the opposite genders body parts." If it really bothers you that much then do some further research online

• I totally agree with what you're saying. It's very unnatural! And it will continue to grow if people keep focusing and supporting it instead of more important issues.

Yes! I wish America could go back to the good old days

What Guys Said 18

• I just look at gender like I look at every other choice in a person's life. If gender were a choice why would a person CHOOSE to live a life of persecution, alienation, and discrimination? Well the short answer is humans wouldn't we are like electricity, we choose the path of least resistance. So I doubt people (transgender, gay, etc.) would choose to live a life where they are going to run into many problems. Don't think they choose it. Don't force your lifestyles in my face, because I don't do it to you. Just respect everyone, and you'll be a lot happier.

• I don't know cause people usually go with what majority of what society says but some people truly do believe they have the right to choose.

• Because the fringe left went shopping to find a new civil rights movement they could try to fight. So they found transgenders, and put them up on the pedestal and gave them the gold medal in their oppression olympics. (even though they make up 0.3% of the population).

Honestly though, most children who think they're transgendered are going through a confused phase in their life that they eventually grow out of, and many of them actually grow up to be normal straight or gay people. Some who go through the hormone treatement might feel better off afterward, but many who do it wind up regretting it and commit suicide. The way society glorifies body transitioning and encourages young people to do it is disgusting. It isn't for everybody.

• Technically, "gender" is sexism and what you're born with is your "sex". So you're not born with a gender, it's forced on you with peer pressure. For example, as a male, I'm not allowed to wear skirts because I'd be beaten up on the streets. But this is an arbitrary limitation enforced through peer pressure based on my sex. So wanting to circumvent the strict enforcement of gender makes sense.

Having your genitalia "reshaped" and mutilated is absurd and insane, though.

• People have the right to chase happiness in their life. That is different for everyone.

I personally don't see why I should stand in their way, as what they are doing does not affect me in any way.

Why waste your energy trying to stop someone else from being happy. Isn't there enough misery in the World, without needlessly adding to it.

• To be honest I don't understand why people think it's such a big priority for people as to who a person thinks they are. As soon as that issue starts directly affecting anyone, you can call this number anytime

1-800-eatshit

Keyboard warrior? Que paso?

Good sir the average transgender shows about the same amount of psychosis as does the average non-transgender. Mental hospitals should be reserved for the mentally ill, not for men who like to wear dresses. No matter what you think about transgenders, it can't be bad enough to enforce total discrimination against them.

And really? Calling me a pussy? Bro how much salt have u had for dinner cuz you're tres salty

Why? Because I don't want my children growing up thinking you can have an opinion on everything down to your gender? Lol you're funny. I care about America and the future generations. All we have left for the future of America is trandgenders, sensitive people, record high obesity rates, record high children's obesity rates. It's crazy how much we have destroyed this awesome country. People who encourage transgenders are only making this country worse.

I never said shit about obesity

Yeah cuz transgenders are the reason America is on a downturn. Yup

• When people have no decency left, thier moralalty begans to shape to a lesser degree of who they really are inside. they start to disrespect themselfs more and more untill they feel others will agree with thier compromise of change , thinking to eventually fit in with tolerance of society at whole. Those who don't have strong moral for themselfs either , in turn will agree and tolerate such compromise as a level of acceptance... ... Tolerance ! That's why

• its due to pc culture where peoples feels matter more then the truth. the truth is transgender people suffer from a mental illness.

Yes you nailed it right on the head! They need help and not to be encouraged.

• The only people that do not support them are people that still think it's the 19th century. Also they are not threatening me. I'm very open minded and modern.

• They're not supporting it... the're encouraging it the same feminism is encouraging women to be fat by accepting it and praising when we should be shaming.

Yes bro! You got it spot on. Everything you said is true. Wish America was how it used to be decades ago:/

I guess "fat" is the worst thing a woman can be, eh

@Mesonfielde no the worst thing a woman can be is a feminist or should I say... female supremacist. Feminism has been given so much power that it has influenced our society and culture over decades. It's also got permission from the government to control and screw men over through relationships, marriage and dating system.

The less feminists we have the more of a brighter future we all have.

• These people can do what they want with their bodies. You dont have to be a part of their lifestyle if you dont want to.

• It isn't that many people. Far more are against it. It is just that the media way over covers it. 27 states actually voted in a constitutional amendment to bad gay marriage too by popular vote of over 2/3 in each state, but the Supreme Court overturned it. It is a small number that is for that stuff, but some in the government, and many in the media make it seem like it is much more supported than it actually is.
    The media is trying their best to morally corrupt America.

• because why not?

• It's like people who are ashamed to be black and wish to be white
    Or people who are white and talk and act like black
    It's so degrading
    Trans are pure example of wannabes
    But sometimes you have to convince others that wannabes are losers

• it's about neurology. then you're not very smart, read the medical texts dope.

• So much support? Are you for real? They are the most abused people on Earth. Murders and all that transphobia crap. Black transwomen face the worst rates of murder for their population than any group of people. This same type of crap is directed to any group of people who want their right. As much of a prick my father was he had one thing right when he pointed to the TV set that showed a video of dead animals floating in a polluted river. Then he said Mankind is like a fucking bug and something will come along and wipe it out. Those words make more sense with each passing decade. No other form of life on this planet seeks to screw his fellow person like a human being. The Is that group have too much support is the same question against the free slaves after the civil war and by the Nazis against the Jews. The Soviet Union used that against any people who opposed their doctrines.

• Tbh its a mental disorder m unfortunately most girls support this but fortunately most guys don't support this mental disorder

• Political correctness.

The only opinions that count anymore are those of the "oppressed minorities". Any heterosexual, christian, white, male who dares to express an opinion, however, is ignored and told he is ignorant, racist, sexist, etc...

Welcome to the USA :(

At any rate, I don't really care if someone gets sex change operations. It doesn't affect me. People can do what they want with their lives unless it directly interferes with my way of life. I won't bash them.