Young girl's crush on my boyfriend?

There is an 11 year old girl who has a huge crush on my boyfriend. Last night, she met me for the first time and it was obvious she was jealous. She was very quiet and didn't speak to anyone and you could tell she was upset by my presence. My boyfriend told me he had a talk with her and said, "No matter what, you'll always be my girl" and wondered if he handled that the right way by saying that. I don't know if that was a sweet way of making her feel better or if it may not have been the most appropriate thing to say and may encourage her crush. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is common and harmless. Don't worry about it.
    The more affectionate you are with him in front of her though, the madder she will get and not like you. As long as you don't do that, she'll get over it.

What Guys Said 3

• It's a crush, you know they have no substance or life to them. You probably had a thousand of them at her age. She'll get over it and move on.

• It was fine. Crushes come, and then they go. Don't make too much out of it.

• As soon as she starts menstruating, he's going to bone her. Guaranteed.

What Girls Said 3

• Are you insecure that your 40yo boyfriend will leave you for an 11 yo?

• How old is your boyfriend from Christ's sake?

• Wtf? She is kid it happens, didn't you like your school teacher or whoever when you were younger? Obviously he won't do anything now if she was 17 then I can see. You're overreacting it's harmless.