How to make a movie with no money?

Is it possible to make a movie with no money. Lol I just want to try, I barley have friends or any money no equipment no anything just a few ideas.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not really but it is not unattainable but maybe u could build connections and find someone with money to fund it. Good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• you still need equipment and since camcorders are better than they were years ago, and you can edit your clips with ease on a computer, you can, most new SD camcorders come with editing software and it just depends on what your movie is about, if you want to do something sci-fi than your going to need a good chroma key aka blue/green screen program for special and visual effects and that equipment costs a lot, but you can try Blender its free but you have to have a good animation program knowledge to use it. there are free and free to try trial programs out there on the internet you just have to find it. i have a bunch of old and new camcorders i was collecting over the years, but now im trying to sell most of them that i have no use for. some day id like to get a ProCamcorder.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 8

• You could make a movie without money - it's called guerrilla filmmaking - BUT you have to have the equipment. Without that and your just out of luck... so you'll need to arrange swapping out favors (mowing lawn, house sitting, etc) with individuals who have the equipment.

• Have you tried something like Kickstarter and request donations or something?

• Same thing with me. You just have to think of something smart.
    My first movie will be released this October.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJopCBCO_M

• Therebwas a movie in the past five years that won awards at Cannes I think that was made for lwss than 100 bucks

• Pretty much no, not possible. Sorry.

• Lol those are independent movies. Just get your friends to act in a shitty movie you make using window live movie maker for editing and possibly sony vegas or powerdirect as special effects XD good luck.

• Do you have a cellphne capable of filming? Then yes.

I just wanted to say to @TheFlak38 that i'm impressed with his movie and i hope he can achieve sucess, sadly he blocked me because he have a difficult personality and i can't reply to him. -_-

• ugh. fine. youtube.