Were you spanked growing up?

I was spanked growing up, it didn't happen often but when i was bad i got one. It was always my mom who did the spanking and it was always a bare bottom spanking. I say this because i'm sick of all the people who say spanking is abuse and that bare bottom spanking is somehow sexual abuse. I never felt abused in any way and i can tell you my mom didn't get "anything" out of spanking me bare bottom, it just hurt more that way without cloths as a buffer so if i did something that deserved a spanking it was always the worst spanking i could get (bare bottom)

Most Helpful Guy

• This one time when I was really little. I was being bad for. . . ok probably since I was born but i was particularly bad recently and we went to church. I was old enough to sort of know the guy on the cross was god but that was all I knew. I didn't know how he got there or what it meant. So I asked my dad (kinda knowing what was coming)

"What did that guy do?" and he looked at me like he was about to kick my ass
    "What do you mean 'what did he do' he's god"
    "But what makes that guy special,-" before I could finish my sentence he dragged me out of the pew and started smacking me around super old-school. Hahaha I really didn't know anything about our religion yet.

If I were ever spanked bare bottom, first of all it was when I was very young and when I did something pretty bad.

I know some people hear a story like this and want to cringe but this is how I was raised and for the most part, I'm a very nice, extremely forgiving, emotionally strong person. Do I think that the way I was raised is how everyone should be or needs to be raised? No. But I can say, if I specifically were raised differently, I wouldn't have a lot of the good qualities I have.

I think there's two types of parents. The ones who hit their kids to get them to shut up, and the one who secretly feel like their heart breaks when they do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Once in a blue moon, Dad would give us a Spanking on the Butt or Mom would use the Fly Swatter.
    No big deal, I never called this Child Abuse because I Know my Parents always loved me.
    However, if Someone on the street would see this Today, they would Contact Social Services and be on their Merry Way.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 17

• Spanking is totally justifiable to the very young because they don't have any comprehension of logic and the only way to communicate good and bad is directly through a reward and punishment. And the best punishment to a young child who has no attention span is a short sharp pain that they will remember. It's a jolt to the brain's neural network that is like this old joke:
    Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this...
    Doctor: Then don't do that.
    Very quickly, the child realizes "If I do X, then I will get spanked and that hurts. I don't want to hurt, so I won't do X."
    The child may not yet understand why doing X is wrong, just that it is wrong and that's what's important immediately. The understanding why doing X is wrong will come layer as the child grows and rational thought and empathy kick in. But, until that day occurs, a spanking is a justifiable training tool.

• Yes. Not very often, but when I got it, I fuckin DESERVED it. My dad had a leather belt, and he was a biker...

I would laugh at anyone who is enough of a sissy to call it abuse. I MAYBE got spanked a half dozen times from age 4 to 12, when my parents divorced. Maybe. Probably less though.

• Yes, I was spanked. I also don't feel like I was abused or screwed up.

• >> I say this because i'm sick of all the people who say spanking is abuse I never felt abused in any way

That's great, but that doesn't change the definition.

• Yeah, I was spanked, but in whatever clothes I was wearing at the moment. And now that I am older, I can agree with my parents that I did kinda deserve it. So long as it isn't abuse (striking violently out of pure wrath), but just discipline (controlled, measured use of reasonable force with a cool head), I see no problem.

• Yep, I was spanked, whipped with a belt, had a shoe thrown at me - pretty much the kitchen sink. Lol. I deserved it though because I was a bad kid :)

• i would only ever spank my girlfriend to be honest, never a kid. no i was never spanked during my childhood.

• I was spanked with a wooden spoon. And no, it's not sexual abuse. But I do find it to be abusive though.

• Yeah very normal in my country. I got spanked (licks) all the time.

• My dad used to spank me and make me say "thank you sir, may i have another". Which of course would make him do it again. He derived some sort of sadistic amusement from it. I didn't think it was funny.

• yes, got some fearful hidings

• My mom and dad had the whipping motion down. Clothes didn't help me lol.

• No I got slapped across the face by my mother.

• No, and I think you should make up for that now.

• I did, and I never once considered it abuse. if I got spanked I deserved it

• I was spank with pot and pot spoon

• i got some good ones when i was little.

What Girls Said 30

• My parents spanked me pretty rarely, it was usually a smack on the cheek or a clip round the ear instead. I do consider spanking abuse though bare bottom spanking isn't sexual abuse in my eyes.

• Yes but my parents always had enough respect and consideration to never spank us bare bottom. That borders on disciplining with humiliation which is wrong.

• Yes, not often though. I learned to stop talking back and not to bad shit real quick. I didn't get bare bottom spanked. I was hit with whatever object was closest that wouldn't do a lot of physical damage but get the message across.

• Yeah, my nana used to spank me on my bare bottom. And my dad would use a belt, which was HORRIBLE, but you'd never catch me doing whatever it was I had done wrong again.

Oh, and my mom used a wooden spoon to spank me. Now I'm 16 so they just take my phone when I get into trouble lol

• Nope.

But I'm spanked now 😏

• Yup got sparked when I was really really bad by mama though. My dad always gave lectures and disappointed stares.. That somehow how was worse!

But let's just say.. I never did those things again in my life.

• Yeah I was. I don't think it was abuse. I only ever was spanked a couple of times.

• No I was not.

• My dad spanked me once and I hit him back. I never got spanked after that lmfao. I was a bad child

• In the Caribbean, spanking children is a normal thing.
    No one grounds anyone there.

• I definitely was. Had to learn the hard way!

• Yeah I was spanked by my mom mostly.

was it usually bare butt or with pants/panties on?

• Not for discipline, but my mom is touchy feely and has poked my butt more than once

• That would have been better than what I got. One time my mom theatend to slap me into a different nationality

• I was spanked and punished physically. I blame my bdsm fetish on it.

• I was spanked a lot growing up, from about 2yrs old to 17 years old. My dad always did the spanking and I always found it more embarrassing then really painful.😕

May i ask why you found it embarrassing? Was it he position you were spanked in, or if you were spanked bare bottom or something else?

A combination of all of that I think. I usually bent over the knee with my bare butt in the air. Obviously it wasn't quite as weird to me as an 8 year old, but as a teenager it was incredibly uncomfortable

I'm glad it was my mom who did the spanking I'd feel really embarrassed if my dad spanked me bare butt. It was bad enough having my mom spank me bare butt over her knee. I'm sorry you had to go through that, if you need or want to talk about it further feel free to message me.

• Not at all, but my boyfriend spanks me

• Yes, a lot until I learned I could just run away from my mom before she spanked me.

• Mercilessly by my mother.
    Never by my father.

bare butt or with pants/panties on?

Fully dressed with ANYTHING she could get her hands on.
      .

• Nah, I never got spanked.
    But the look my mom gave me made it seemed like I did or would.

• Yes I was. Too many times

• When ever I crossed my mother.

was the spanking usually bare butt or with pants/panties on?

How ever you were when she grabbed you.

• No never

• Yep. Worked well for me. I don't disobey anymore

• No, my parents never spanked me.

• I was spanked and Im not damaged. This generation is literally full of wimps. Want your kid to behave and not throw tantrums? Spank them once and I guarantee it won't happen again. Time outs and taking away toys does not work. Im with you on this anon.

Pants on. I learned quickly not to act like a brat. I dont like trouble or go looking for it and thats from being spanked just once.

• My dad used to spank us as a childrental for punishment. Not bare bottom though. Was a deterrent.

you said not bare bottom, did you get spanked in panties or just over whatever you were wearing at the time?

Whatever I was wearing at the time

• Yes, a lot. It didn't work lol.

was it usually bare bottom or with pants/panties on?

• Yes. I had both spankings that were controlled, non harmful spankings and that were out of control abuse. There's a spectrum on this one.

I don't remember each time. The ones that were out of control involved my legs, arms, back, hands etc. I remember getting a gash on my hand from when the belt slipped and I got hit with the buckle, for example.

• Nope I never was spanked