Do you think it's easy to ruin a persons life in the US?

Like if you really wanted to you could accuse someone of something and could easily convict them even if they really are innocent?

3mo I don't mean harming or killing them fyi

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, there's so many people in jail who don't deserve it. This group of somali men were thrown into jail for more than 3 years on a false accusation of being involved in child sex trafficking. No thanks to the FBI, it was discovered that the witnesses were lying the whole time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep, very easy. The reality in America is if you are accused, most juries seem to think the person is guilty right from the start during jury selection before any evidence is even presented.
    It's a messed up system.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. People who get in car accidents and lie about injuries. If they get a slimy lawyer who's good enough at what he does, the good guy can be out of thousands of dollars.
    People like that jack ass who sues people for a living. (link)
    time.com/money/4359964/lawsuit-printer-craigslist/

• I know there's a low life Youtuber (Keemstar, I think?) who posts people's private info online, and calls in fake hostage situations at the intended victim's address. He's done it like, 5 times or something. That seems like pretty life ruining stuff to me lol.

• Not really, hasn't been easy to do that since the witch hunt they had in the 16th hundreds.

Ready my comment. I think you are a bit naive here, beacuse you haven't been on the receiving end or just hope that our justice system works splendid.

@FakeName123 I watched A LOT of murder mystery tv shows since I was 5. Though the tv show was Diagnosis: Murder. Since then I love solving stuff like that and getting all the facts. :D I know it's not the same as a real court case. :(

It isn't. As I said. Most people will be biased by the one they hear first. Not to mention that many courts are overworked and thus just skim over the case and the papers about it. And sometimes its just the judge not liking your face.

What Guys Said 16

• In german we have a saying. Being right and getting right are two different things.

I have been on the receiving end of a false accusation of my former employee which resulted in a courtcase in the 6 digit area and lasted about 2 years. The aftermath is the following:

- I was discharged from one day to the next without possible income.
    - No one believed me after he told them the lie already, even if they should know better. The one who accuses first wins pretty much.
    - Same in front of the court where I was pretty much expected to prove myself being innocent. Nothing to do about innocent until proven guilty. Judges are as susceptible to human flaws as everyone else.
    - It cost me around 15.000 bucks in lawyer and court-costs.
    - I pretty much only won, because he got broke and couldn't pay his lawyer anymore.

• It takes a single second to pull a trigger or run someone down with a car.
    It is easy anywhere,
    I'd be fairly easy to tamper with the brakes of the family car while everyone but them are not in it.
    So yes, its easy to ruin someones life anywhere

• no i don't think it's that easy. it's doable but not easy

• I haven't thought of that before really but you're probably right, especially if you set up evidence that may incriminate them. Of course there's a pretty good chance it wouldn't work though.

• If you have the resources yes you can essential frame someone. Ik if you said harming or killing them but I'm sure you coukd easily find an assassin for hire

• Seeing as DNA tests, video cameras and more are things, nope. It would be easier in many other countries

• If you're rich, famous or an athlete, yeah. A simple allegation is enough for the public to think you're guilty.

• It's too easy to ruin someone's life, which is why I'm extremely picky with my inner circle.

• No not really.

It takes a single second to pull a trigger or run someone down with a car.
      It is easy anywhere,

@Waffles731 That's not what he was talking about though genius not killing people just socially ruining their lives like pinning them for murder or mass embarrassment on social media or accusing them of a crime and getting away with it.

• a women can ruin a mans life very easily with all the sexist laws that we have.

• Depends who you and they are, and what you accused them of.

• Yes I do.

• Way too easy.

• You certainly don't need a conviction to ruin someone life. Accusations are often sufficient

• its easy that in this life..

• Accuse a POTUS of being Muslim, accuse a candidate of being the Devil.
    It works.