Would you still apologize if someone demanded it from you?

Personally I wouldn't because that would reconfirm my belief that maybe they're still that same pathetic person from back then.
Besides, would they even accept an apology they had to demand?

• Nope, I hate apology demanders (not even if might be wrong)
  • Yes, they are still demanding it from a reason
  • It would depend but it's still annoying they had to demand it

Most Helpful Guy

• its one think to ask, but to demand it just pisses me off. even if I am wrong I wouldn't give it to them

Exactly. I saw this way back in 2010 in the You Again film. A woman kept insisting on an apology from the girl that teased her in HS and still kept on with the "I wanted a heartful apology and I deserved one".
      I would stop feeling sorry at that moment, even if I were the former school bully.

agreed, also it wouldn't be a real heart felt apology if you got it through a demand. for it to be true it has to given on its own

What Guys Said 18

• I just apologized ;on demand'. And I don't think there was a lot of choice. If they're in a position to demand it, there will be consequences if you don't agree to do it.

Besides the person not getting their sorry, what other consequences can there be?

Well, filing charges against you for one thing!

Damn, then I would apologize without actually saying sorry. It would be something like "I take some responsibility for what happened and apologize if I've caused inconvenience".
      There are ways of offering non-apologies when you don't really feel that wrong.

• I apologize if I wronged someone. If not it's not gonna happen, unless it gets me somewhere I need to. Then I have no problems giving empty words to a person.

• It depends upon what they want me to apologize for.

I guess it can be if you wrong them but even so, I would stop feeling sorry for them by then.
      Imagine someone saying "I wanted a real heart felt apology and I deserved one". Now that would be pathetic.

Not if you gave the shit apology after doing something shitty to them.

You need to learn some empathy, young lady.

• I dunno, it might actually stop me from being sorry lol

Same. I would see that person as a butthurt child.

Well it's not that. It's just that if I apologize for something it's almost always because I did something that in some way wronged you and I have respect for how you reacted to it. I never say it if I don't mean it so if you start demanding one like I owe it to you, that changes everything. The world doesn't owe us anything, don't come to me with your hand held out.

• If I feel sorry for something, I will apologise by myself. If you ask for an apology, you're not getting one.

• if you have to demand an apology from someone (assuming they should apologize...) then they're not worth it to begin with... it's no different than demanding an "i love you" from someone-what's the point? It's insincere.

But someone who can't apologize is usually toxic and should be avoided at all costs once you notice the trait. Such people are also usually among the rudest thus easily spottable.

• Honestly it is just words. If it makes them shut up and the relationship move forward then i really don't give a good god damn, that's called having self-respect surprisingly because you are not engaging them really but simply laying it to rest while moving forward.

• It depends, if I offended them or was in the wrong than of course I'd apologize.

• If someone demanded I apologized I would probably tell them to go fuck themselves. Sounds rude, but an apology means nothing when it is coerced out of someone. This form of apology I would interpret as a means of further belittling me, and an attempt to remind me that they possess 'superior footing.' If I am sorry I just be nice to the person. I don't like apologies, nor do I like giving them.

• I would not and will never apologize to someone because they demanded me to. That is very low energy and in my opinion, pretty pathetic.

Exactly. They are pathetic because by doing that, they aren't even going to receive an apology and no one owns you anything. The apology should be done without having to demand it and the person feeling good, not feeling that they deserve it (that's someone entitled right there).

• I'm a person that can apologize to anything even when I'm not at fault but I think I am. I think I annoy people or maybe I'm overthinking about everything to much. See how many "thinks" I used in a sentence lol its that bad :D

• Sure, but it wouldn't mean shit if they had to demand it regardless of who's right or wrong.

• Nah, I dont give a shi'.

• Yes if I was wrong and it would help solve the problem

• An apology would never be demanded from me cuz if I'm wrong, I'm man enough to admit it and apologize.

• Depends on the circumstances.
    If you gave a half-assed apology for fucking them over somehow then tried acting like everything's all fine and dandy, then they would have every right to demand a real apology or cut you off completely.
    If you already did sincerely apologize, or you didn't do anything worth apologizing over, and they still keep demanding one from you, then they can go fuck themselves.

• Never say sorry it's a sign of weakness😜

What Girls Said 14

• I always Apologize if I am in the Wrong. However, to keep the Peace, I will also say I am sorry. But this is on my own Free will.
    Someone being Demanding of it, why yes, it Has Happened to me and I had Said, "Sorry" just to Include an Apology that I felt Should have really been All theirs.
    The last time this Occurred, I totally Ended the Friendship Altogether.. It was Not worth my Time anymore.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• It's not really an apology to me if it's not coming from the heart, and you're genuinely sorry about something you wish you could take back. Otherwise, it's like they're getting a counterfeit apology and ripping themselves off. They may as well just walk off with dignity and have nothing to do with you rather than demand something from you.

That's correct. What type of apology is that if someone had to demand it?

• "Nope, I hate apology demanders (not even if might be wrong)"

^ I do it on my terms. If you know me, then you know I'll apologize. Just give me time to cool off about whatever it was.

• I don't think demanding for one is going to make it a genuine and sincere apology. Sure that person wants you to just apologise, but it wouldn't entirely mean anything if it was forced out of you

• No, I don't do well with anyone demanding anything from me. Unless I was really wrong, in which case I would have initiated an apology without them needing to say something first.

Exactly. If I were wrong, I would already be apologizing without even getting reminded.

• That depends.
    My sister demanded apology, and I did say sorry because well she is my sister and also because I think I was wrong.

But then this classmate of mine got upset at me for no valid reason and said something like, "Now I shall wait for an apology."

And I didn't apologize, lol

• Apologizing is not problem If I did something bad and I guess it but if they demand it from me, then I won't apologize.

• No because what is the point of demanding an apology? If the person apologizes, they are likely only doing so because it was demanded. I want to know that a person is actually sorry so that what happened isn't going to happen again.

• It depends on the person and situation.

• Nope,

• If they have to force me to apologize then it's not going to be sincere one.

• i dont like people telling me what to do. if i think an apology is necessary, ill give one.

• Yes, I would like that i can go back to what I was doing before

• I have to agree with martyfellow. There are certain people that do have the power to demand an apology and you should give it, but for most others, an apology must come from within. It means nothing if you're just saying words to appease someone else. I wouldn't believe it. It's like your parents going, say sorry to your little sister right now. You say it, but its just to appease them and whatever it is you'll probably do it again, no lessons learned, but in that same instance, you learn if there are consequences, negative ones for your actions.