Am I not as pretty as I think I am? Or am I just not that important?

I'm Indian. Lots of people told me I'm really pretty growing up.

And I did have the reactions, double-takes etc.

However I am starting to realize I am not as important in other people's lives as I think I am. No one I probably Facebook stalks over me obsessively etc. I'm just not that type of girl.

Moreover, I'm sure people think I'm smart as a person. But the reality is, I was not 'successful' exactly in University for people to be too into me. It's burst a bubble.

Most Helpful Guy

• it doesn't matter how many people stalk you or not. im pretty sure you are very important to your family. and family is more important than others

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a normal part of everyone's development. Your brain naturally thinks people pay more attention to you as a teenager and then wakes the fuck up as you get older.

You need to stop defining yourself by how other people may or may not view you and start working on how YOU view you.

I'm 23!!! lol I lived in a dream world in University.

Lots of people were completing internships etc. and I didn't.

What was wrong with me I can't believe I actually thought all those people cared.

Of course they didn't care. They're going to care about people who also worked and completed internships etc.

What Guys Said 1

• Well no pic to judge but I'm sure you are pretty and looks only matter so much anyways, don't stress over it!

What Girls Said 1

• Quality over quantity. It doesn't matter how many people stalk you on facebook. What matters is the people whom you can count on.

I agree.

I think however it's more about me realizing that I was not as important in other people's lives as I thought.

Like yeah I was a pretty girl who got attention but outside of school I would be very surprised if anyone wanted to be in touch with me.

That sort of thing

Being pretty isn't all that if you can't back it up with personality. If you want people to be in touch with you then you have to put in the effort to spend time and be around them as well. Invest on friendships, etc.