Am I the only one who loves natural disasters?

(Not the part where people's lives are ruined 😌) I don't know maybe i'm just amazed of how surreal those are.

Most Helpful Guy

• Like you said, not the part where people die or get hurt but the physical forms of these natural disasters like hurricanes are beautiful and fascinating to see. Kinda like enjoying watching rain fall but a way more extreme. It's cool as hell how nature can build all that potential energy up and then just unleash it any general direction with no remorse >:) Watching videos, seeing all the damage it could cause. I just wish it wasn't at our expanse and that nobody had to died :/ They humble and amaze us before and after they hit

Most Helpful Girl

• They are awe inspiring, but I can't say I love them as the repercussions and lives lost are too great.

A few years ago the area I lived in had extremely bad flooding. Whole villages were evacuated, my friends' pub which they had just renovated and which sat by the river was just filled with water, it was truly heartbreaking to see.

@TakeMaker Do I take it you're North of the border?

@Kaylyne no, West Coast of Wales. Got hit pretty bad a few years back, same time north of England was under water, and Somerset :'(

@TakeMaker. I know all about the Somerset Flats disaster as am in the next County! Devon.

What Guys Said 11

• I wouldn't "love" them. I would think that if I survive them, then great, I just got really fucking lucky. Otherwise, I would think and feel, OH SHIT! AW FUCK! I'M FUCKED!

I don't think ANYBODY would ever actually "love" to see a real Supervolcano going off, as that is pretty much a We're All FUCKED and DOOMED Scenario.

Like the one over at Yellowstone National Park for example is what I'm referring to.

Even seeing a fictional representation of it in that movie "2012" made me felt the same feelings and thoughts mentioned above "OH SHIT! WE'RE ALL FUCKED! WE'RE DOOMED"

• i do appreciate from the standpoint you mentioned. it is somewhat phenomenal what mother nature can do

• I find the geography part of it interesting. I've never been in one though, worst earthquake in England made the lights flicker that's about it.

• I find them interesting too :) I was in a hurricane and was very curious about it instead of feeling scared. The earthquakes I've been in have been interesting too. I don't think I feel really intimidated by natural disasters besides volcanoes.

• Having been in an Earthquake and multiple Cyclones along with a tsunami scare, I wouldn't say I enjoy it personally. But as a phenomena I do marvel at it.

• Not really but I can see why you are awed by the natural disasters like earthquake, volcanic eruption tornadoes since they are magellant natural phenomenon of physics at work... It's a complex system

• Nope, kills lots of people.

• Oh yes, show me people burning on fire !
    That's what I watch the news for.

• How about where everyone just panics?

• …well, they're called disasters for a reason.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• We've had some minor ones where I live. The way our community pulled together was amazing. There was literally no crime, and people helped each other.

• Yes you!

• You're not. I love them too. Most people would think I'm crazy if I said I wanna experience an earthquake, a tornado or a tsunami. I just find them so ridiculously fascinating.

Not gonna lie, I actually feel guilty saying this, because I'm plenty aware of the damage they can cause.

• Ehhh, not really.

• I love weather phenomenons but wtf a natural disaster is called one for a reason because it affects people's lives, no i do not like natural disasters

• nah girl, I fucking love that shit too.

• WTF!

• They're powerful forces of nature.

• Me too, like when there is a hurricane and I'm sitting on my balcony!

• So if you lived by the sea and an 8m tsunami was coming towards ur house.. u'd still be amazed ay?