Is it an absurd irony that people seem to care more about 'who they think' created Earth rather caring for the Earth itself?

Most Helpful Guy

• The magical sky daddy who created Earth also wouldn't allow his creation to come to ruin, would he? And if he does, he is just "testing" his subjects. Yes. (No.)

What Girls Said 6

• It is somewhat an irony but they're making a somewhat valid standpoint. Maybe those who really scrutinize the creator's whereabouts for the pursuit of knowledge may have "caring" for the Earth overlooked because of a belief yet to be established.

I am disappointed, really. Caring for the Earth is not as rampant as it should be. Sure, projects concerning it may be mainstream but I rarely see people genuinely wanting to take care of this planet for their own cause and not for the service of other causes. This is when personal interests would be desirable not be taken into account.

• What is there to save? The earth is fine. I think people need to actuallu see how many scientist actuallu beleive in global warming. The earth isn't dying its just going through cycles. Too many people dont think for themselves and only beleive wha school or science says. Start questioning the way your conditioned

• In theory, religious people should be wanting to care for this planet more since it's a good deed but maybe they don't feel guilty about pollution because they anticipate abundant resources and fresh air in the afterlife. They also believe this world will end anyways. The athiests are more realistic and know this is it.

• Lmao because they were brainwashed into doing so

• Oh, the irony.

• People care. Haven't you ever heard of going green?

not to the level they need to care

Yes I'll agree with that for sure. But it's a start :)

What Guys Said 16

• Contemplating the existence of who we are and that of the Earth has been done long before anyone alive today was born. It is pretty typical for individuals to want to have an understanding of where they've come from. It helps us to know where we're going. What our future may hold. Granted, humanity should be just as concerned with taking care of the Earth as well as who they believe created it, but be that as it may, I wouldn't call it absurd. Short-sighted maybe. Irresponsible sure enough---but not absurd. Seeking knowledge should never be sneered at.

• it is a little from this standpoint

philosophers believe that humanity is so fascinated with religion and the creator and all that because it will answer the question about our purpose on earth... however if we destroy our earth our purpose if there is one is gone

if you believe in a creator who made the earth shouldn't your primary function be to preserve the world they made for you?

• I don't know if it's an irony but it's certainly a waste of time. Earth is already here, whatever happened already happened.

• Not caring for our planet stems from
    Centuries ago. That is how we are built

Besides the timeline of each human is too short considering the planet lives on for billions of year. What we do effects tomorrow but tomorrow is reaaaaaaaaly far away. So it slips under the rug at times

but it doesn't take into account the world left for their children

Still too far beyond us

Before anything drastically changes to our planet. We are probably looking at thousands of years

Now imagine there is an estimation that within 1000 years all water will
      Evaporate. I garentee something would change today. Just the implications are a little too far for us to insanely care

Also its good to take note. There is some things within our evolutionary process that doesn't allow us to go backwards. The door is shut. Destruction is inevitable

Centuries ago large animals such as giant lions, mammoths, huge sloths roamed the earth. We killed of most of those species

But no one ever said hey, 5000 years from now what will the impact be to our future civilization

Humm? Right...

• Yeah it is kind of interesting when you put it in that perspective but yes we do need to focus on what's happening now with it

• Yeah... Very true. I obviously have my own opinions and convictions but I do agree that we should be much more concerned with saving the planet than how it was created.

Even your great Country Brasil, more worried by the prestige of the Olympics rather than the issues within its Nation :(

• *This question was brought to you by the Tree Huggers Association of America* :v
    Nah I'm just playing you Sir are very right.

I am far from a 'Sir' lol, but I love when people take the Mick :)

• We should at least colonize another planet before we kill this one.

• it's like ur stomach. it's all the same eventually.

• If this planet die game over for all.

• mankind is a dying race...

• Yep. I probably recycle twice as much stuff as I throw away.

• People dont care about Earth sadly

• I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU! It also applies to treating people with respect and personal integrity. Some of these same people would rather argue about their religious beliefs instead of reflecting on their behavior.

• Nope. Why would that be an absurd irony?

• Because this planet is controlled by motherfuckers who aren't from here. And their hybrid offspring masquerading as real humans. They don't care about this planet as its just one small piece of a much larger game in their world