Is it too feminine for guys to wear pink?

Most Helpful Guy

• Funny story about that actually. In earlier times (say the middle ages) in Europe Red used to stand for royalty and pink which is kind of like a lighter red used to stand for masculinity.

So yeah its just easier to wear whatever you want to wear. That said I am faaaar to depressing and boring to wear pink.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are better colours out there for men if they wanna look more masculine but some do pull it off. Its just that nowadays pink is considered girly, so feminine is what tends to come to mind, even though the colour used to be considered masculine.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...01656e46e5.jpg

What Guys Said 17

• No, it's just a random color. Fun fact: back in the victorian age, blue was considered a typical girl color and pink was considered a typical guy color. The association pink = feminine is still very young (and very arbitrary).

Wow I didn't know that, that's cool

Pink was considered manly because it's a version of red, thus reminding you of blood and war and these kind of things. There's even a chapter in "The Great Gatsby" where a gentleman shows up to a nice dinner in a pink suit ;-).
      www.theatlantic.com/.../

• Pink used to be a masculine color for boys a long time ago. Like a watered down red.

But then girls stole it. Sooner later they'll steal blue as well and men will just have to move on to fucking green.

And then that will be stolen too.

We didn't steal it. Adolf Hitler used pink for gay people and suddenly, the world thought pink equals girly because that's what was thought about homosexuals

• i've seen so many questions about guys wearing pink and everyone says that it's perfectly fine and that there's nothing feminine about it
    But then when I post a question about pink shoes everyone calls me gay and says they are girl shoes.
    Then I post a picture of a cosplay I want to do last night, and again people say it's too feminine because there's pink in the guys hair.
    Like which fucking one is it? Can I wear pink without you people telling me that I look like a faggot or not? I hate this website

Aw I'm sorry. You shouldn't care what people think. If you want to wear pink, wear it.

• No. In fact, I plan on writing a myTake sooner or later about pink stuff men can wear that looks really good.

• I wear pink a lot, I find it very masculine actually

• Psh. One of my favorite shirts is an awesome hot pink dress shirt. I've had excellent luck talking with girls in that shirt =D

• Femininity have nothing to do with color. I think it can look good.

• i do not wear pink, like never just not my color but, no guys that wears pink are not feminine is just color nothing more

• Yeah it is.

• i wear fitting bright colors.

looks good on my physique

• I love pink

• Nah, Is it kindda boring to always wear manly colors.

• Pink was a mans color until world war one.

• Actually a lot of popular guys in my school wear pink because apparently it's "cooler".

• Yes.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• Wear whatever you want! A color is just a color~

• Nah, many guys can rock it.

• Not really, some of them can rock it well. Didn't they have like a fad in 2007? Everyone in my high school wore them.

• No. Pink is just a color. And waaay back in history, pink was a color for men to wear, and not for women.

• I don't think it looks bad.

• nope

• No, many guys can actually pull off wearing pink better than some girls can.

• Nope, go ahead if you want to.

• No guys look good in pink

• nope.

• nope. looks good, actually