Anyone else have to convince people you don't speak Spanish?

>Person walks up to me
>Starts speaking Spanish
>Tell em I don't speak Spanish
>They start laughing
>Keep speaking Spanish as if I was joking

Happens all the time.
Anyone else have to convince people you don't speak Spanish?

• They don't speak English that's why
    35% (6)10% (1)26% (7)Vote
  • You have to tell em in Spanish that you don't speak Spanish
    29% (5)20% (2)26% (7)Vote
  • Just learn Spanish
    12% (2)10% (1)11% (3)Vote
  • You speak Spanish just don't know it
    6% (1)20% (2)11% (3)Vote
  • Pee on em to show dominance
    18% (3)40% (4)26% (7)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|5

Most Helpful Girl

• This doesn't happen to me. At least not in real life.

I guess you have to tell them you don't speak Spanish in Spanish. Maybe they will finally understand.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• I've had an old lady speaking to me in Turkish once. And a Jewish woman who told me a phrase in Hebrew but in both cases I just smiled lol.
    I don't live in the US so in France most people don't mistake me for a Latina since Latinas/os are very rare in France compared to Africans, Arabs, Asians and Southern + Eastern Europeans.
    I had to convince a guy in my University that I wasn't Jewish though, on 3 occasions he asked me from which side of my family I was Jewish the first time, then he asked me if I celebrated Shabbat 2nd time and 3rd time he asked me if I was practicing. The 3 times I told him I wasn't but I don't know lol my Jewish friend told me that he might of thought I was partially Jewish or something that's why he insisted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them "Yo soy una papa"

0|1
    0|0
  • You speak Spanish, just don't know it 😂

0|2
    0|0
  • Lol I'm lucky not having that prob haha

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• x: look the boy over there he is the spanishest man i have ever seen. He has to know Spanish better than native speakers.
    y: I am totally agree. Lets practice

0|1
    0|0
  • Haha. I know where you're coming from. I get that a lot too. I always have to tell them I'm not fluent in Spanish.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are like %100 Arab for me :D How comes they thunk u are a latino? Say them "Tu puta madre" next time they approach you with speaking Spanish ;D

0|0
    0|0
  • You speak Spanish just don't know it

0|0
    0|0