What do you think of Shaunae Miller dive's to win 400m Gold?

Do you guys think it is unfair?What do you think of Shaunae Miller dive's to win 400m Gold?

• Yes, it is unfair?
  • No, it is fair!
  • Other.. add opinion.
3mo The dive was passed by officials and Miller placed first in the 400m final.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it was fair.

Diving is an old and well known tactic to pro track and field athletes. Also this is not the first time this has happened in the olympics.

The rules of track and field state that you hit the finish line when your torso, which is considered different from your head or arms, crosses the finish line.

The reason why more athletes don't do this is because the start of the dive is actually faster — for that split second — than running, but the moment your feet leave the ground on a dive, deceleration occurs. If a track and field runner dives at the wrong moment, it could easily mean losing.

What Guys Said 5

• It's a risky move--you've got to get the timing exactly right or it can actually cost you. But yeah--it's fair. Props to her for a huge win.

• Yeah it's a gray area. I mean the winner is the one who gets there first and if she dived and a part if her body reaches the line first then she wins.

In my opinion it should be whose foot crosses the line first. Otherwise it just gives advantage to the taller athlete. That's why they all lean forwards at the end.

• Its hard to restrict jumping or diving in a foot race
    Maybe its poor sportsmanship to some extent, mocking the sport.

But she came first so it worked. This is versus the best of the world. If she's technically allowed. Its fair game

• No it's allowed. It has been done before. I don't see what the biggie Willie dealie here

• it was a good move for that race but they should make the rules prevent it from being legal in the future or someone is gonna end up with broken bones

What Girls Said 1

• Its fair bc ur allowed to do that in track but I would have liked to see who woulda won without the dive bc they were so close