Would you be a psychopath in this situation?

As a soldier or police officer and you kill someone in the line of duty, but it doesn't phase you or affect you mentally in any way. Would that be a red flag of some sort?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• A psychopath would be someone who enjoys killing in this situation. They're sadistic, have no remorse for it. Some people are battle hardened: meaning they have normal feelings and emotions like everybody else. But when it comes down to violence, their emotions don't get in the way of simple logic. The moment you express emotion it can become a weakness. Some people get petrified emotionally and psychologically that they still have a hard time processing that they killed another person. It takes a long time for people to crack. So, no. That would not make a person a psychopath. Unless the person doesn't mind killing anybody no matter who it is, that is not a psychopath. But if somebody who fits that description and they NEVER show emotion, its more towards the line of Nihilistic with another serious mental disease that needs professional evaluation before off handedly judge a person base on a term that is so easily thrown around. Most of the time its a lot more than mental or psychologically. Far much deeper than that. Often times its people who just don't think unless they don't care about life and other people.

Parasites, worms from eating foods that carries eggs from poorly cooked meats and such can also effect the brain and overall health as well. Especially when their in certain places of the body eating up your nutritions and nutrition such as the stomach, the intestines, brain and heart.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most are affected but aren't allowed to show in public. I know some personally. It's mostly deciding between killing the other person or getting killed yourself in some situation. Most seek psychatric help. You need to learn to get over it fast or it will kill you from inside and the next Christmas tree will be the tree where you will be hanging from with a rope around your neck. Almost all are very hesitating when shooting. Studies from war show, that 80% avoid shooting a person but shoot in a completely different direction.
    In the army we were trained mostly non-lethal tactics/to be that good at aiming so we can stop them while avoiding lethal spots in most situations. (I needed to go to the army so I could study at a university later)

But if you killed someone and aren't affected by it at all are you a psychopath? Even if know killing is wrong unless necessary?

Don't mix up psychopathy and soziopathy

But if yes, you most likely are one

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• yeah dude its fucked up. my friends in the army and he told me he'll kill a kid without hesitation if he was ordered to do so. Like for u to be that dumb witted i dunno i never could follow orders without a thought process

• Psychopath is hard to define, there's no black and white. It's all on a scale

• no dont think so