Do you think the best definition of Suicide is it never ends the pain a person is feeling, instead, it cruelly passes the pain on to someone else :(?

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think so..
    It definitely gives pain to a lot of people but I dont think its the same pain that the one the person that killed herself for.

Most Helpful Guy

• Attempted it twice a few years back, landed me in the ICU unresponsive for 3 days. then another three in the loony house.

Anyways, I would have to say that this question could be true under some circumstances. But your referring to an equivalent transfer of pain and that is just not the case. First consider that its not just that a dudes dog died and he just can't stand it. It's far deeper and darker than that my friend. For the clinically depressed person there is something inside that is broken. For years they were claiming Low Seratonin levels caused it, but that has been disproven awhile ago. Currently they still dont know why the clinically depressed dont get better over time as most do. Mine is ongoing been that way since feb 2013.

Imagine that you have two metal railroad spikes driven deep into your chest cavity. After a while your body will release enough endorphins into your system to lower the pain levels but only so far. So know you have this burning permeating ache penetrating both lungs, radiating to the spine but bypassing the vertebrae (cause bone pain we can handle) and instead infiltrating the nervous system. This will send the same constant burning permeating ache throughout the body now. Somewhere along you will try to breathe, but each breath sets the fire anew. NOW we are at clinically depressed.

Now for those lucky individuals, some dumb ass comes along and says, "dont worry time heals all wounds". So you keep telling yourself this every minute of every hour of every day for three years. Nope still there.

So the question indicates that an individual that manages to end their pain and escape it transfers it to another person. Well based on the science that person will actually get better over time. How long, three months, six, hell lets say 12. Though by the time you get to that 12 months, it is no longer depression, anger, self loathing, or even hate that the deceased had. No this person frowns, cracks a few tears when they think of the deceased, maybe a birthday or memorial day.

So no LOL an equivalent measure of pain is not transferable.

Hugs to you my brother- sorry for your inner torment and if my poser has diminished its gravity in any manner

... Well I could tell the constant exposure was beginning to work on about the 2nd anniversary of my final attempt. Yea I keep up with that one, like a new birthday. So about the end of March I noticed some things had gone. Rage and anger mostly, but really those are the worst. Cause once they are spent the depression levels just simply magnify. Best thing to do then is just to pop 250mg benadryl and shut your ass off for the night. For the most part, I am fine now. It hits me anywhere from 10-20 seconds of every minute, though once i calm myself down it passes and I'm the old me until the next wave of it. It will get better, I'm finally at a spot that I can see the light at the end of a very long train tunnel.

Just hope its the sunlight and not a damn train. :)

I have had many grim times and understand the meaning of a hug

the other is this Saying:

' when you are going through Hell... just keep going...'

It seems you have been scorched and endured but kept going through it until you have got through. The gaze of the sun on your face after all the struggles in the shades of grey and bleak darkness highlight your bravery

Be proud and buy into the fact that you are a real survivor :)

What Girls Said 10

• That's certainly an interesting way to put it. I think suicide is a very complex issue though and can't really be summed up so simply. Most people who commit suicide feel like they have no other way to escape their pain. They can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Obviously suicide does cause grief and pain for that person's loved ones who are left behind but for someone to feel like they have no other option, they likely aren't even thinking at that point about how the action will affect others. They just need help, ideally from a professional.

Agree, and the biggest grey area is the reality that one can never know what someone is truly feeling inside

For you can never be in their 'head'

Oh yeah I know, I agree with what to said

You*

• A mental illness, no different than any other illness of the body (the mind is part of the body!) People who are suicidal are in extreme mental pain and often see themselves are burdens to those who love them. They may think that the world is better off without them. Lets stop blaming those who have killed themselves and recognize that it is an issue of mental health and NOT an act of selfishness or desire to hurt others

• Depends. In South Korea they have the highest suicide rate in the world. Suicide isn't taboo and not looked down upon but talked about like its normal. I guess to them its just apart of life. In the western world it definitely is passing the pain on to someone else. I guess it depends on the culture all together.

• Tbh, when people I know offline have committed suicide I have always felt that they were finally free.

free is such an ambiguous term

Safe travels.
      I hope the inflight movies are good :)

I am sure it will be complete dross but 'by&by'

• Not as the definition for it since it doesn't mean that.

in an abstract sense it does, for when someone kills themselves to end their pain all that is achieved is devastation is felt by their loved ones

Hence, it is 'passed on'

True, that or it's more like a chain of pain.

Very sad situation :(

• I wouldn't say that's the best defenition for it, no. But I've never thought of it like that...

• Yes quite true. Ending your life is never the answer to anything in my opinion.

Behan ji :)

How are you today?

You need to send me some recipes for traditional dishes, particularly Nihari :)

It is arguably lifes greatest tragedy :(

I need to find a Desi woman to marry, mainly for I so LOVE the food :)

Haha then best of luck 😀

• Suicide: A permanent solution to a temporary problem.

• Totally agree

• That's a stupid definition. I get that you're trying to be emotional and deep, but no. Just stop. Get a dictionary.

What Guys Said 12

• In an abstract way perhaps. Suicide is a huge concern right now. More and more people under a certain age consider it more often than not. This follows into an answer I gave to a different question regarding a lack of coping skills in today's youthful population. If you study the historical data, you'll discover that suicide was not as rampant in the past as it is now. Personally, I believe part of the reason for this is younger generations haven't been taught how to cope with negative experiences in their lives as opposed to earlier times when hardships were more a part of life and instant gratification was less expected. Not to mention, people were expected to take up mature roles earlier than they are expected to do by today's standards.

I can emphasise with this for i see a lot these days as being so precious with them taking offence in a personal manner to next to nothing. It is a polar opposite to people in our generation for we were taught to be tough under the auspices of 'boys do not cry'.

The other aspect is the diminishment of communication. We could express and talk to people whereas kids these days are ruled by their dinky gadgets. Which voids traditional communication that so facilitates coping and finding ways to cope

And on and on it goes. We could actually be at this all day.

Wise counsel Sir :)

• Euthanasia is medically assisted suicide.
    If I get a painful or dehumanizing incurable illness, I'll ask for euthanasia. My demand is signed and counter signed by witnesses. It's filed with a charity until I need it.
    Same for my wife.
    The only problem will be to find a clinic. (Doctors are easier to find but the law says it should be done in a clinic and many clinics turn it down.)

• sounds like a good definition to me

• Have you ever watched Blacklist? It was the best description I have ever heard of it.

I hope this next bit doesn't offend anyone. It's just my opinion. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but this is how it feels for me.

Depression is a very selfish state of mind. When I get down its normally because my World has become very small and insular. I think that's why its more common in men, as we tend to internalise our problems.

I have thought about it, but the thought of hurting the people around me makes me think it is just that. A sort of comfort blanket that I could do it if things got unbearable. But I don't think I would, because I do believe (like you said) that it just passes the pain on.

Not sure if any of this made sense or helped. Might be a bit rambling.

• Yes, I think that is a good description, at least in my case.
    Aside from the rescue animals for which I care, nobody will give a damn.

I used to work in crisis counselling and it is amazing how pets move people. When we had a caller who we suspected was contemplating suicide and was focussing on having nobody, we always brought up pets.

After we did, there was a silent contemplation in respect of all the times pets were there for them. After my marriage break up I descended into my loner mindset and had some grim times. if i didn't have my cat i would have self destructed

• Yeah that does make sense when you think about it in those terms

• suicide does ends the pain, i tried it many times but i got unlucky and i didn't died.

• Yes it sure is trueth ; just as every lie told ends up a murder. Same thing

I think one of the best things seen in our lifetimes is the greater attention show to it. Growing up, so many used to suffer in silence with many falling in this heartbreaking manner

On a more cheerful note, how are you today, my friend :)

Hahaha... Yup that's it bra ! Good one mate !! 😃👍

It is the best for when you have people around you who know you they bust your plumbs big time

• Suicide is the action of someone who feels they have no other option and is in so much pain they cannot hold out for a moment longer.

It is not selfish or cruel.

I hass might selfish aspect, in that suicide can cause others a huge amount of grief, but I wouldn't condemn people as being selfish if they attempted it

• I like your definition actually, but I believe in the after life so he or she won't really find salvation

• Sure. Losers. People have been robbed of their support network - broken homes, relationships, they don't go to church, they basically have nothing. Then turn to drugs or booze.

• Nope