Is my little sister spoiled?

My little sister is 12 years old and I was wondering is she's spoiled? She has an LG t. v in her room and an Xbox One in her room with about 7-10 games. She has a double bed also. Her room is about average size. She has the very old Harry Potter books that you can't buy or find anymore. She has the Nike Roshe One's and Yeezy's 350 Boost along with some other adidas shoes. She has many Adidas and Nike clothing. Now for electronics she has a 15 inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display that we bought for $2,000. She has an iPad 4 that was for over $500. She has an MP3 Player an iPod and she's getting the iPod 6. And she's going to buy a hover board. And also brand name clothing. So is she spoiled? And in a few weeks she's going to play for a soccer team. Is she spoiled?

3mo Many people are asking if she's well behaved and grateful. Yes, she's very well behaved and she's grateful for everything she has and she doesn't show off to other kids.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually I can really relate to your little sister, as the youngest child my family really gave me everything I wanted, I don't think I would count myself as spoilt because I didn't become a nagging princess that must have this or that. You say your sister is well behaved and all, then she isn't really spoilt, yeah in materialistic sense she is but she didn't become a princess brat. What has actually happened (taking it from another little sister who was treated this way) is that we have created this standard in our head that if we were to get things we'd get the best... If she decides to fund herself in the future like I did around the age of 14 I got myself a part time job and bought the things my parents would normally buy me because I felt that it wasn't fair my sister didn't get to have the same luxuries I did (we only moved to Aus around the time my sister was 14-15). The thing is that now with the intro to all those luxury goods, I've become someone with an expensive taste and my older sister encouraged it.. A Dkny bag for my 15th bday, and when I went out with her she'd get me only expensive things so it really acquires an expensive taste. Later on now I'm 18 and I have this expectation that my boyfriend if they were ever giving me gifts they would actually save up and buy me a luxury item, I don't request for it to be like a frequent gift because I can pay for those things myself... It just this little expectation id have. If I bought them a $400 watch I'd expect something around the same price tag back.

What Guys Said 10

• It would depend on how she behaves. One can have many things and yet not be spoiled. You said she's well behaved and grateful, so I wouldn't assume she's spoiled.

• That all doesn't mean a lot, is she not self involved? does she care about others? does she help those in need? if not then probably those materialistic stuff are a bit too much, are you asking because you are worried about her or because you are a little jealous? lol

P. S remove electronics from bedrooms they are bad for one's health

• Yep, sounds like a spoiled child... she's gonna have fun in HS and College... XD

• Having so many things doesn't necessarily mean she is spoiled. You have to observe her behaviour, did she demanded those electronics? Did she show off to her friends? Is she cry baby? Does she know the value of these things? If yes is answer to these questions then yes she is very much spoiled.
    Moreover some stuff doesn't mean she is spoiled, maybe she enjoys reading very much that doesn't count for spoiled. But a 2000$ expensive mac is more of a spoiled brat.

• Yes. Just reading that made me cringe ;-;

• i just had a normal tv watching cartoons when i was 12.
    damn

• she is not spoiled , she behaves well and she is grateful nah not spoiled

• It sounds like she's prettier than you

• Yeah she is. When I was 12, I didn't even have a cellphone or a game console. A real 90's baby checking in, nothing like these fakesss

• Compared to starving children in Africa, yeah

What Girls Said 10

• > owning Harry Potter books does not = spoiled
    > playing soccer does not = spoiled
    > being the quicker sibling to call dibs on the better room does not = spoiled

She definitely could do without all the electronics, what with only being 12. She should be outside.

But clearly your parents aren't hurting for money if they indulge her with these items. How many of them were birthday, Christmas, etc. gifts?

• I guess she is!

• You forgot to mention the chauffeur driven Roller, the private jet, the ocean going yacht and of course her staff, catering for all her whims.

• Wtf.. what kind of 12 year old needs that shit. Yes she's spoiled.

• I think being spoiled is a lot about relativity. It's hard to just blanketly say that someone is spoiled. and someone can also be spoiled when it comes to time and attention. But as far as just purely getting stuff, I would say she seems to have an awful lot of expensive stuff for someone whos not even in high school yet. Especially when she's probably going to outgrow all those shoes soon...

• Yes.

• Not at all.

• 1000 percent spolied

• She's spoiled. The problem with that is if she appreciates what she has or not

• Uh, yeah.