Does your work sometimes depresses you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Shit yeah it does. I often think to myself "fuck I hate this but if I don't do it, I don't get paid and then I can't eat".
    Seriously what a shitty world we now live in capitalism is bullshit. Back when we were in tribes nobody was left to fend for themselves like all of us are now.

Most Helpful Girl

• I work part time at a library and tbh I love it and sometimes I just wanna work at the library forever. Its so peaceful and I always walkout happy. Of course I won't end up working at a library forever but they do they working at library is one of the best job if we are thinkin emotional and mental health wise.

What Guys Said 19

• No, not really. I'm currently at work and it feels pretty comfortable here. That probably has something to do with neither of my two colleagues being at work today, so I'm all alone here - which is nice. A view outside the window, my favorite music in the background and some GAG to add to it. That and I like drawing.

• My work on itself, rarely. But stress is a cumulative thing and when you have a few setbacks or causes of stress, you're doomed :o
    Often, work is one of them, but there may be many others :-(
    I must say though, it's not often I feel depressed. Rather rarely...

• There have been moments.

• After watching Michael Moore's mivie "Sicko", I need to live over in either France or Italy and enjoy a less stressful life.

• I'm self employed doing a job I like.
    I can't say my work is anything that would depress me.

Except for the obvious aspects like pay and customer satisfaction, but that is just something I strive to raise over time.

• In my opinion work could easily depress me if I was stuck in a rut doing a dead-end job that I didn't enjoy repeatedly with no change. That being said, I feel if I had a job that I enjoyed where I had freedom of expression, then I would not be depressed and would be more likely to succeed.

• Nope..

• Yeah, since I can't meet women like this. It's mostly men or ugly women in my office.

• My last one did. Fortunately my current one does not.

After working my last job, it made me realize how important having a good boss and coworkers is in the work force.

I had a boss who micromanaged a lot, used fear and threats of firing as motivation, as well as berating me in front of the entire office if I made a mistake, no matter how small.

It gave me so much depression and anxiety that being fired from that place was a blessing in disguise as I was able to collect unemployment. You should never go to work being afraid of your boss or coworkers.

Plus they made us work 2 Saturday's a month then 3 for free. It just felt like they were milking us under the bullshit disguise of "you'll get so many loan sales".

They didn't even train us that well. They expected us to know a huge binder of info back and forth in a month and if we messed up on some tid bits, they'd scream at us and act like we're incompetent for not being "loan scholars".

Holy shit does that place give me nightmares.

• Yea, but only when I think about it. . . , oh, now I'm thinking about it 😞

• Hell yea I get paid by the hour but older by the minute!!

• Not at all, loving my job so far.

• No cause i dont work : ) lol

• Only when I think about how much I still have to do.

• I don't really have a job but I take care of my disabled brother so yeah it depresses me

• Yeah

• Yeah, sometime I am afraid of bored environment.
    Cause they would raise up topics randomly then you would find that they are jerk.

• No, it sometimes improves my mood

• Yep. My work is annoying and I get pushed to pickup the slack of person A, B and C while getting same pay.

What Girls Said 18

• After yesterday? Yep.

Could not care less at the moment. I'll do my job, but you're not getting the bad-ass employee you got yesterday.

• Yes, dealing with the sick and watching them deteriorate is very sad.

• It used to when I first got to the company but I've learned to appreciate every part of what I do.

• Not much depressing about laminate lol

• Hah, often...

• Yeah especially when my students failed, it's all my fault.

• Not really

• Don't have a job yet but when I do, hopefully it does not, maybe you are stressed?

• It used to on my last job.

• No. Frustrate yes, on occasion but I do enjoy what I do for the most part.

• Not depress me, just overwhelm me occasionally.

• Yup, why I quit

• No, does yours?

• What depresses me is that I DON'T have a job.

• Not really depress me, but def makes me angry sometimes haha What kind of place do you work at?

• Yeah.

• i'm still in school. if the question still applies for students, yes, it depresses me all the time

• no but school does