Do you get this fear?

I have always this fear that my computer will shut down suddenly (it has happened a few times) when I’m writing something on my computer, so I make saves every 5 minutes. I try to convince myself by thinking “I don’t care if it happens.”, but still I have this fear.

• Yes
  • No
3mo I wrote a message "I DON'T CARE IF MY COMPUTER SHUTS DOWN ON ITS OWN" twice, on a piece of paper, and put it next to my computer. Is this a good idea, to get over my fear?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I do have that fear. Thankfully, I'm not taking classes and completing assignments all the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really fear it, but I do keep an eye on stuff and save when I've done something big. Saving every few minutes seems like a good habit, but having that fear is not good.

What Girls Said 3

• Learned that lesson the hard way when I was in university... from then on I always set my word processor to auto save every minute plus I'd still ctrl-s regularly

• Since I work on my computers, yes. I make sure to save frequently whenever I am working on a project.

• So why not hand write things and have them scanned into your computer and that way you have a written version and can keep it in a safe place so if your computer shuts off you will still have what you are writing. People are far to dependant on computers and phones and stuff and lose their shit when the stuff stops working. Just always gotta have that back up

What Guys Said 2

• Use Google Docs. They save online, ALL THE TIME. You can never forget or lose some edits.

• yes i do