My package delivered to the WRONG address?

Hi, so I'm the beginning of this month I ordered some Chapstick online and about two weeks ago, on USPS tracking, it said alert and the address was undeliverable or something and so I called Chapstick because it said they returned it back. So the girl read my address to me and it was right. And she said she'll tell USPS. So now I go on the tracking thing today and see it's been delivered to TEXAS. I live in Pennsylvania. How they manage to mess this up so bad I don't know but what do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you pay by credit card? if so, threaten a charge back. That'll get someone on the ball. And per USPS regulations, as the mailer, they are the ones responsible for dealing with tracking down missing shipments with USPS. I've had bad experience with rural mail delivery, but it was always the wrong house on the street, not misrouting to a completely different zone.

But one thought first. Without checking, I believe ZIP codes in PA begin with 1, right? And in Texas they begin with 7, I think. It's possible, depending on the font/writing used on the label, that their automated scanners might have misread the ZIP code and confused the 1 with a 7. Other than the first digit, does the rest of your ZIP code match to where it got sent?

Most Helpful Girl

• Relax and wait lol. Usually they make multiple pit stops, Texas might just be a USPS facility that it goes through before it gets distributed to the actual regions it's supposed to be in. This happened to me with a lot of my things too. If you don't see it on the move again in a day or two, then call again and mention what you're seeing.

What Guys Said 2

• Someone somewhere dun goofed. Can't really tell if it's Chapstick's order processing department or USPS at that point.

• Just have the vendor resend you your order... they should do that

What Girls Said 1

• Contact them again.