From a philosophical viewpoint of Life, do you view the 'glass' as half full, half empty, or take a surreal view by insisting no glass even exists?

Most Helpful Girl

• The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
    So, I can go into business making a glass that's half as big, for about half the total production cost -- but I can charge almost the same price as for the larger glass.
    • I make a greater profit than the existing manufacturers
    • You feel happier, since yr glass is now 100% full
    • My solution is eco- and small-space-living-friendly

Win win win.

<3

Most Helpful Guy

• Ultimately I think regardless if there is a glass or not it doesn't really matter.

When I was much younger and isn't aware of as much that I am aware of now it was a glass half full.

Currently now, it's fluctuating between a glass half empty to a glass that is both half full and half empty at the same time.

But eventually it won't even matter if there is glass there or not, whether it's full or not.

It only matters or ever mattered at all only if you want it to matter, think it matters or need it to matter at all in the very first place.

What Girls Said 8

• I see it as half full, but only because I look from the bottom up if that makes sense... like yeah it sucks sometimes, but I just try to think of all the ways it could be even worse

• You help carve out your own perception. You (even if it's self conciously), make your own reality. Some see the worst in the best and others the best in the worst. You could use the glass analogy. In my opinion if there is a glass, it is in the middle it's up to you to see something as a hardship or an opportunity. Many people aren't either. They tend to see the worst when it feeds into their perception of how things work and they see the best for the same reason. I mean look at the media... NBC and FOX, people usually just look for things to affirm what they already believe... if that even makes sense.

• It doesn't matter if the glass exists. The glass's existence or lack thereof has no bearing on the workings of the universe at large and will be irrelevant a million years from now.

Wow, good answer.

DANG GIRL!

Not only the previous reply, but I just looked and saw that you are 18.

Hell of a realization for someone that young.

Impressed!

@Syvient You're never too young for nihilism haha. Thanks.

• half full

• I see it as completely full, because the glass does not exist in a vacuum

• Good thing it's here because I'm feeling parched

• Glass exists bish 💀

Half full

• Doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. The real question is what's in the glass. Right now the glass is full of piss.

What Guys Said 16

• The trick is not trying to decide if the glass is half full or half empty, you only need to realize there is no glass... sorry I couldn't resist a Matrix reference. :-P

• Option D: the glass contains 50% of its rated capacity.

• I'm a realist, so I'd think the glass is "half-filled". I prefer a neutral standpoint.

• I'm the guy in the bottom right:

thecoachingcontinuum.com/.../Slide11.jpg

• Earlier it was half empty but now it's filling up. Maybe 60% full now.

• If my glass isn't full, the waiter isn't getting a tip.

• The glass is both half empty and half full.

• My glass is always full... Always full with ambition

• i'd say the glass is at half capacity or filled halfway or there's half a drink left

• half full

• I see it as half full, the glass holds the liquid, when the glass is empty do you say it's fully empty or empty of liquid? no. the glass is half full of the substance that is being held within

• Great question. There is and never was a glass, it's just a metaphor

• Half full on good days half empty on bad days nonexistent on... weird days

• I just see it as half, just only half if that makes sense😅

• I take the view that the glass is simultaneously half full and half empty.

• It's both.